Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother's Day

I've tried really hard not to acknowledge Mother's Day this year. Yes, I bought and sent my mother a gift and bought Danielle's mother my usual gift of potted flowers for the garden but up until I read someones blog a few hours ago, I was trying to avoid the emotional connection to Mother's Day. This is my third Mother's Day ttc. I always hope to be "made a mother for mother's day." This was the first year I didn't hold that hope. I think as the time gets closer to my last attempt at ttc, my nerves are getting the best of me. Day 3 u/s should be Monday morning.

Here's what the blog said:
To those who are blessed to have children on earth, to those blessed to have angels in heaven and to those who are mothers in their hearts and just waiting for their miracle, [Happy Mother's Day].

5 comments:

Sarah & Austin said...

I am sorry for your heartache. I hope one day your dream to become a mother will be granted, until then do not give up hope, sometimes it's all we have left at the end of the day.

Anonymous said...

Ditto. It's my third as well. I am so sorry. I hope tomorrow brings a bit of the hope back.

Anonymous said...

i read this post earlier today and have been thinking of your shared blog comment ever since, its very beautiful. happy mothers day to you today. xo.

Gayby Rabies said...

I hear you. Today has been tough. I tried to send cards early so that the day could come and go and I wouldn't have to think about it, but no such luck.
I'm so sorry to hear that your nerves are running high but your hope is running low. I hope you can find what it takes to get you through this time. Everything will be okay in the end, and if it's not okay, it's not the end. Somehow, we'll all find our paths to motherhood. Best of luck to you with the u/s tomorrow.

Jess said...

I feel the same way!
Good Luck with your u/s tomorrow!!