Friday, October 30, 2009

Baby Bump Moments from Week 16

  • Sorry, no I don't have a baby bump pic to post. Maybe later on in the pregnancy (with clothing).
  • Someone (other than Danielle) noticed or at least verbalized my baby bump today. How cute (and a little embarrassing).
  • I felt my SIL eyeing my baby bump today and I felt a little self-conscious. Although she's not actively ttc, she wants a baby and recently verbalized that she's jealous of my pregnancy.
  • SugarPlum is moving around like a little Mexican jumping bean today. Maybe he/she knows something I don't.
  • I've been really good about laying off the potato chips for the past 5 days. It was getting a little out of control. Should I be concerned that I bought Lays potato chips to hand out to the kids trick or treating tomorrow?
  • I had a really good conversation with my older brother last night. We were on the phone for 2 1/2 hours and just chatted about everything any anything. He's such a good brother. Part of our conversation was about seeking the approval of my parents. I admitted that sadly at the age of 30 I still do this and I'm not sure why. I'm realizing that it takes a lot of effort on my part and with a baby coming I need to stop. My brother has a really laid back philosophy that whoever wants to be involved in my life will be and those who can't move past their own opinions, etc will just miss out and that's on them. I wish I could adopt that attitude. I'm sure this will take up my entire therapy session on Tuesday.
  • I left work early yesterday because I didn't feel all that great. I was exhausted and worried I was coming down with the flu or cold. Today, I came to work even though I'm still exhausted. I went to take a quick nap in my car but forgot which floor I parked on, found the car and realized I forgot the car keys. Mission aborted!
  • I need a good book to read. Any suggestions? Nothing too heavy or pregnancy related.
  • We have 12 days until we find out the sex. Danielle's mom wanted to come to the gender appt with us but I really wanted it to be just Danielle and myself (if we decide to do a 3D/4D u/s later on in the pregnancy then she and Danielle's sister are more than welcome to attend) but for this appt, I felt like I just wanted to share the moment with Danielle. Is that selfish? Anyway, rather than just telling her the news over the phone, I came up with the idea of us meeting her mom for lunch that afternoon and giving her a gift bag with a onesie that says "what happens at mema's stays at mema's," flowers for her desk and a scratch off that announces if it is a girl or boy. I think the scratch offs are kinda cool bc Danielle's family loves them (real ones) around Christmas, birthdays, etc.

9 comments:

GIsen said...

The whole lunch and gifts,especially the scratch-off are great ideas to included MIL in the celebration.

K said...

OMGGGGGGGG I just got back into blogging and I can't believe what I just read....you are PREGNANT?!?! Wow this is so the news I needed to hear today. I can't wait to see sweet pics of your baby!!

Anonymous said...

Good for you, standing your ground on the u/s appt. I had to do the same to my MIL w/Ceara's. And with my stepmom for Farty's. I took Ceara with me to find out if she was having a sister or brother, and it was a really special day for us (well, except for her being pissed that she was getting a brother, not a sister!)
Great ideas on sharing the big news! I like the scratch tickets idea.
I gave up on getting my parents approval, because I had to accept that it will never happen. I have to just be happy that my dad and stepmom are in my kids' lives, even though they don't approve of my decisions in life. My mom? I gave up because she is so messed up she can't possibly be in our lives in a healthy way.
You'll do what's best for you, I have no doubt!

anofferingoflove said...

i love the scratch off idea, those are very cool! i dont think its selfish at all to want the u/s to be between just you and danielle, its a huge, special moment - do what feels right to you!

last free pass on the no baby-bump-pic...we are going to need to see some soon, okay?! ;~)

Unknown said...

the scratch off idea is too cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and for book suggestions, I'm a HUGE Diana Gabaldon fan. The Outlander is my favorite book of all time. The whole Outlander series, actually.

Jess said...

I think that's a cute idea on how to tell your MIL the baby's sex! Cant wait to see those belly pics later and I am counting down the days with you until your gender u/s. :)

Gayby Rabies said...

I think the scratch off ticket is a super cute idea for telling your MIL SugarPlum's sex. It will be a really great keepsake for her too. You're not selfish for wanting the anatomy scan to be just you and Danielle. I think it will be fun for you and Danielle to see people's reactions when you deliver the big news.

J and DZ said...

Great idea for telling your MIL. I don't think it's selfish at all to want to be a couple for your anatomy scan. The 3D/4D will be perfect for them. We actually regret not inviting family to that one!

I think it's funny you tried to nap in your car. I've been fantasizing about that since the 1st trimester. I haven't yet but the 3rd is tiring. There's still a chance!!