Friday, September 17, 2010

First illness

Mama took the day off from work yesterday to snuggle with me. We had a great day despite my 103.1 temp. It was so nice to take naps together with me tucked away in her arms and unlimited access to nursing. I know my mama was worried about me becoming dehydrated and going back to the NICU. As great as those nurses were, my mama never wants to go there again.

The doctor said it's viral and I most likely picked something up from daycare. You see, I'm teething now and I put everything and anything in my mouth, including trying to put Gracie in my mouth. She's just so cute and fluffy, I couldn't resist. She said because of the broken skin from teething, I'm more prone to picking something up. No worries though because I feel much better. I think it was all that snuggling. Mama said I was such a trooper because I wasn't fussy at all.

The only downside is that I got my first diaper rash. It's from all of the poop. The doctor warned that this would happen. But the upside is this just means I get more "naked hiney time." Not to brag, but I have a cute little tush!

4 comments:

mikroenjeksiyon aşamaları said...

Was a beautiful page. Thanks to the designers and managers.

AdventuresInBabyMaking said...

Poor little guy! I can't believe his temp was so high. But it sounds like a day snuggling with mommy was the perfect remedy! :)

Melissa said...

Glad he's on the mend. Sick babies are no fun. All you feel is helpless. Sounds like you did an excellent job with him!

Anonymous said...

Aw, glad you survived the first of many colds and bugs. Some calendula cream should take care of the rash, that stuff is a miracle cure for everything!
Boys just love being 'nakey' don't they? Fary refuses to wear clothes most of the time these days, even though its getting cold!