Saturday, October 23, 2010

6 months

Preston is growing leaps and bounds. For his six month check up he weighed in at 21 lbs, 14 oz. He's now 28 inches long and last week we bought him a pair of size 4 shoes. The sales associate assured us that we were in for trouble. Even though he's still big for his age, his weight has slowed down considerably so maybe he can stay in his 12-18 month clothing for the entire winter.

New skills this month include rocking on all fours and getting around in a caterpillar like fashion. It's not a fluid motion but it gets him from point a to b. Other skills include trying to feed himself with a spoon and responding to our comings and goings. He gives this killer smile and a chuckle when we come to pick him up from daycare. It just melts your heart.

Over this past week his appetite for solids has grown. He likes yams, mashed potatoes, blueberries, and acorn sqaush. He doesn't care for peas and is lukewarm about bananas. With solids comes a change in poop. Yes, I went there. I miss breastfeeding poop for both the consistency and smell. His new poop is foul and difficult to clean. It's also causing redness.

Weekdays are incredibly overwhelming that I find myself longing for the weekend to just rest more than anything. I'm trying to figure out what could make it easier and the only thing I can think of is a housekeeper. A good friend of mine has one and finds her indispensable. Not only does she clean their apartment but she also does their laundry AND puts it away. God, the jealousy is immeasurable.

I'll figure something out in the meantime. What works for you guys?




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

giggleblue said...

the only thing that semi works around here is washing a load or so a day... cleaning? well, i guess we get around to it by setting time each day to do something. i have to realize that the entire house will not be cleaned in one day. it was a hard pill to swallow!

Melissa said...

Just had to say that I just took Jackson in for his 9 month check up and he was 29 inches long and 21 lbs 8oz. You do have a BIG BOY!!

To answer your question. Our house just isn't as clean as it used to be. I lucky that I work from home so on the days he's in daycare I try and go through the house and tidy if I can.