Sunday, February 13, 2011

Changes

Gosh, lots of changes are going on around here. I received a promotion at work that allows me to be home with Preston during the day. I'll be working late evenings in to the early morning. The hours aren't glamourous by any means but as I mentioned, it allows me to spend lots of time with Preston during the day. It also means that I don't have to send him to daycare. However, with that said, we decided that we're going to send him once a week anyway just so that he can continue to have that connection and I can do errands baby-free.

It's going to be a fun challenge being a "stay at home mom." Tomorrow starts day 1.

ETA: Everyone's number one question is "when are you going to sleep?" It's a good question and something that I'm going to have to work out as I go along. Right now, Preston sleeps in until 8:30am when not disturbed for daycare. So I'll sleep when I get in until then. Then he takes a 3 hour nap from around 11am-2pm (today it was 11:45am-2:45pm) so I'll have an opportunity to sleep then as well as long as I remind myself to avoid using that time to do laundry, clean, etc. Then Danielle gets home at 2:45pm so I also have an opportunity to sleep anywhere from 3pm until I leave around 6pm. I'll get sleep but it will be broken which at this point in my life isn't that much different than when I worked 9a-5:30p. It will just happen at different times throughout the day. I know, I told you, the hours aren't glamourous but I really enjoyed spending time with Preston today and the increase in salary isn't bad as well. All I can envision is the spring/summer and spending time in the park, taking long walks, picnics, and the spray park.

6 comments:

J and DZ said...

That's awesome! Congrats!!

tireegal68 said...

Great! But when are you going to sleep?!

anofferingoflove said...

ditto tireegal --- when are you going to sleep!?

luckyduck said...

It sounds like a great opportunity. Where I work, lots of families swing shift (long shore men and women) and it works fine.

Make sure you schedule in time with Danielle, you will no longer have your own alone time with her (even if you both were asleep!)

Can you hire a housekeeper with your new raise? That will take off lots of pressure of finding sleep and hanging with baby. Even just a few times a month.

Have fun with your new schedule!
Jill

Gayby Rabies said...

This sounds like such an exciting opportunity. I would love the chance to be home with the babies more. I'll be interested to hear how it works out.

Unknown said...

That's great news!! Preston will be so glad to have so much more time with you :) Hope the sleep schedule works out!