Sunday, April 13, 2008

TTC #1, Try #9, Clomid 50mg.

I'm bbbaccckkk! Yep, on try #9. Last month didn't work out (sigh). However, after a year, you learn to move on. Actually, you give yourself permission a day for self-pity, crying, maybe a small indulgence, and then you move on.

So this month, we added Clomid to the mix. My doctor had prescribed it back in December but we were really hesitant to get it filled. However, after last month, we figured we had to change it up a bit. What is Clomid you ask? It is a fertility drug. It is primarily prescribed to women who cannot ovulate on their own. However, in my case, it was prescribed to increase my chances. Most women only produce 1 egg a month. However, on Clomid, you will produce more than one egg, therefore increasing your chances. However, there are side effects to Clomid which include headaches, hot flashes, full on bitchiness, and MULTIPLES!!!! Yeah, we could have our own version of Jon and Kate Plus 8 (if you don't watch that show, you should. It's so cute). Anyway, I consider myself lucky because the only side effect I had was hot flashes, make that sweating, at night. It isn't the most wonderful thing to have happen but it is much better than moodiness (which if you know me, know that I don't need a little white pill to help me in that area. I do it quite nicely all on my own), and headaches.

Soon after I started to take the pills (you take them days 3-7), I put in an order for another shipment. It arrived a day before we needed to use it. The process went really well and we are really hopeful that with the clomid and everything else that this is finally our month, cause between me and you, I don't know how much I can take this emotionally.

So here I am again in the tww. I've actually done amazingly well this time around. Maybe because I feel so ridiculously optimistic about this cycle. I am having some symptoms which I cannot distinguish if they are real, imaginary, or clomid induced. I did take a test today at 11dpo and it was negative. I was bummed for about an hour but snapped back into reality because in the land of ttc, 11 dpo is really still early to expect a bfp (big fat positive). Some pregnant women get several negatives before a positive so I am hanging in there.

I'll be back in a few days to give you an update. Until then, send me tons of baby dust. I know, can you believe it? I said baby dust. However, in ttc land, this is a very real thing!!!! You just wait until you start to ttc, you will want Fed Ex trucks filled with it.

No comments: