Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

I read over my blog entry from last year on Mother's Day. I was in such a different place then. It was my third Mother's Day ttc and just another reminder of what I wasn't and yet so desperately hoped to be. It was very painful and I can still remember and feel what that hurt was like.

This year I'm looking forward to celebrating Mother's Day. I've waited so long to be a mother and I'm honored to have such a role. To make it special for our family, we have plans to go to a local pottery studio to make each other mugs with Preston's footprints on it (thanks giggleblue for the idea) and then we are meeting Danielle's mother and sister for lunch (pics to follow tomorrow).

So for my readers, I'll leave you with a passage from last year's mother's day entry which was so meaningful to me and helped me get through the holiday.

To those that are blessed to have children on earth, to those who have angels in heaven, and to those who are mothers in their hearts and just waiting for their miracle, Happy Mother's Day.

2 comments:

tireegal68 said...

That's a beautiful quote! So glad you get to be moms on this Mother's Day and beyond!

luckyduck said...

I used your quote on my Facebook page. I thought about linking your blog to it, but wasn't sure if you would be comfortable with that. If you want/care, I will link it.

Jill