Saturday, January 8, 2011

Sleep

Sleeping through the night was awesome but short lived. The following week Preston got sick and it went downhill from there. He still has a cold and we are leaving for our annual cruise vacation in the morning so I don't see sleeping through the night returning any time soon. It's not even sleeping through the night that's my issue as much as it's going to sleep.

We have a pretty set nighttime routine: pj's, nurse, story time, kiss, bed. However, as soon as he senses that we are getting close to the door he starts to cry and stands up. I lay him back down telling him it's bedtime and leave. This goes on for about 20 minutes. I remember the days where we could leave him in his cradle fully awake and it wouldn't phase him. Eventually he would go to sleep. Now, even if he is incredibly tired, he fights it.

My brother assures me that all night sleeping is around the corner and this will all be a distant memory.

When we return from vacation I'm determined to put a little more effort in to getting him to sleep and not taking the easy route by bringing him in to bed with us and nursing/cuddling him back to sleep.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

luckyduck said...

Good luck on teaching him to sleep! It was a struggle with our little JackJack at 12 months, but he is doing great now!

Have fun on your cruise!!
Jill

luckyduck said...

"My brother assures me that all night sleeping is around the corner and this will all be a distant memory."

I think he was just lucky! :)

Anonymous said...

After 2 years of resisting having Farty in my bed, I have in recent months gone lazy. He falls asleep in my bed every night, and I end up putting him in his own around 10:00. At least he sleeps there all night without interruption.