Thursday, January 1, 2009

Hello 2009

Happy New Year. I cannot believe it is 2009 already. I remember in 1999 when everyone was freaking out about the world ending in 2000. What did they call it? I forgot. Anyway, look at us now, 9 years later holding strong.

I started my journey of ttc in Jan/Feb 2007 at age 28. In 13 days, I will be turning 30. I had a lot of reservations about turning 30. In my mind I had set all of these goals and felt like a complete failure for not accomplishing all of them. I've bought a home, finished grad school, started a private practice two years earlier than planned and paid off my car. So ironically I've accomplished a lot so I'm not that much of a failure but sometimes these internal messages need rewiring. After talking with some people thirty and up, I've been told that there is nothing to worry about and that it only gets better. I sure hope so because although I'm grateful for my health, home, and family, these past two years have been crap.

So with 2009, I am calling into existence great things. These include continuing to build my practice, looking into getting certified as a Marriage and Family Therapist, getting back to my pre-ttc weight, strengthening my core muscles, saving more money, taking Danielle to Europe, and finally...getting pregnant/starting a family.

To all of my readers, I want to thank you for following me on this roller coaster ride and I wish all of you a happy and healthy new year.

9 comments:

giggleblue said...

you have accomplished a lot of things in these past two years! i hope that you continue to flourish and grow in every way, including expanding the family!

Anonymous said...

I think you'll find that your 30's are fantastic. It's even better than the turn of a new year, it's a new decade.

Happy new year! I hope 2009 is your best and most productive year yet.

Anonymous said...

i had the same misgivings about turning 30 (after also starting ttc at 28). i thought for sure we'd be on pregnancy #2 by this point!

im going to try to adopt some of your positive attitude. hope '09 brings us all the babies we've been dreaming of!

Rachel said...

Your 30's will be great, take it from me, a 34 year old! I am hoping for good things this year for all of us!

Unknown said...

Ahhh yes, Y2K - my father stocked up blankets and bottled water for months leading up to January.

Here's hoping 2009 is everything you hope it will be.

Catherine said...

Wow, Lisa you have accomplished a lot. I am impressed. And your 30's will be better then your 20's. Happy New Year.

Carrie and MJ said...

Happy New Year to you as well! Congrats on all of your successes over the past couple of years! Enjoy your cruise coming up in few days!

Rachel said...

Just had to tell you that the comment you left about setting up your cat with my cat made me laugh...incidentally, I'm pretty sure Indi IS gay...he and my male rabbit were always 'doing the deed' on my treadmill...at least SOMEONE was using it...

Melissa said...

I know this year will bring great things for you. I'm very excited to read all the things you will accomplish. Your 30s will be great!!