Monday, January 19, 2009

Welcome Home. LOL!

I'm baacccckkkk! I had a FANTASTIC time on the cruise. However, when I opened the door to our home, I was welcomed to water spewing out of a pipe in the kitchen, a flooded floor, and no ceiling in the kitchen. The house is a mess. We called the insurance company who sent out guys to rip out the carpets and put in dehumidifiers and fans last night. Today the insurance adjuster came out to assess the damage and now we are just waiting on the plumber to come and fix the pipes because we don't have any running water. I had such big plans yesterday which included napping, looking over cruise pictures, and ordering take out. Of course, none of that happened. I spent it cleaning and the house is still a wreck (sigh). I'll be back later to talk about the cruise which was amazing.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh lisa. that squishing sound when you walk down the hallway is awful, it made my stomach drop for you. ...'course it just gets worse from there. sorry your vacation ended on such a crappy note. what a nightmare!

Catherine said...

Aw, Lisa that sucks. I hope it all gets fixed quick

KM said...

Oh No!! Having recently been through a water damage incident. I am so sorry you have to go through it. I hope that insurance takes care of you all and that everything is back to normal soon.

Carrie and MJ said...

I'm glad you had a fantastic time on your cruise, but SO SORRY that you had to come home to that mess. UUUGGGHHH!!

Mommy and Mamita said...

Oh no. A bursting pipe over our kitchen is literally my worst nightmare -- I agonize about this every time we go away. I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this.

Rachel said...

OMG, I am so sorry you had to come home to that! It's my nightmare to come home from work in winter to find a burst/frozen water pipe.
I hope it all cleans up well! What next?!?!?!

(Can't remember if I moved my blog before or after you went on your cruise, hope you stop by!)

giggleblue said...

that has to suck!!! i'm so sorry, but happy that your vacation was perfect!

luckyduck said...

oh NOOOO! What a bummer and an awful way to come home from a vacation. I am SO sorry!
Jill

Melissa said...

oh no! That is absolutely horrible. Welcome back none the less. I can't wait to see some pictures.

Jess said...

I cant wait to hear how great your trip went! Welcome back!! sorry you had to come back to all that mess!!

Becky Le Cochon said...

Welcome back!! ohhh my!