Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Oh the Places I'll Go

"Tell me, what will you do with your one wild and precious life?" −Mary Oliver

A friend of mine has this written on her website. I think about this quote a lot and wonder if I'm living life to the fullest. I don't have a profound fear of dying. Obviously I want to live a long healthy life but sometimes I wonder if I am pissing it away and wonder if I'll have regrets. At the end of the day will I be satisfied with how I spent my days on earth? I think I want to abandon all responsibilities and be a citizen of the world. According to Where I've Been .com I've visited 6% of the world. I don't know what my goal would be and because I have a relationship and responsibilities I can't pack it all in but what will I do with my one wild and precious life?

6 comments:

giggleblue said...

some people say it's not what you did, but rather how many lives you touched. i often times wonder if i'm doing the right things in life, but i'm found that typically in the situations i'm in, only one thing will work - i use that as my indicator to confirm that whatever it is is what i'm supposed to be doing.

Carrie and MJ said...

Well, for starters - have an awesome time on your cruise!!!! 4 days away - it will be here sooon.. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

if you do decide to abandon all responsibilities, can i come with you?? :) my dp and i were just talking about that very topic the other day...it's so tempting!! (just gotta figure out how to pay off all this school & ttc debt first!)

tireegal68 said...

I talk about this in therapy all the time!
I love that quote - never heard it before.
Thanks for a thought full post and I hope the cruise is definitely a good way to live life to the fullest - even if it's for a short time

Rachel said...

I don't know what I'd do if I had a day of total freedom from responsibility!

Thanks for the comment you left for me, I know you're right, and I am taking a more rational approach, starting w/a call to the doc.

Becky Le Cochon said...

3 friggin days to gooo. I am JEALOUS!!!!