Monday, June 7, 2010

7 Weeks

The reality of going back to work set in when I wrote the check for daycare. Preston starts Wednesday, June 30th and I go back to work July 1st. I'll spend the day with him at daycare that Wednesday to see what his day is comprised of, help the daycare workers learn his needs, and lets be honest... help me deal with my own issues of placing him in daycare and being away from him. I'm sure I'll be a mess at work on July 1st.

I was advised to go back to work on a Thursday or Friday to ease back in to the work week. That way I'll have the weekend to recuperate physically and emotionally with my baby and then start a full week the following week. Luckily for me, I have a 3 day weekend (4th of July) to recuperate.

On the agenda for week 8: Pediatric appointment with shots, first road trip- going to Ohio to visit my nieces and get professional pictures taken with them, and establish a nighttime routine. Preston's silly face.

9 comments:

anofferingoflove said...

OH. MY. GOD. LISA!! he is sooo cute! i could seriously eat him right up!

good luck with the back-to-work transition...it sucks :(

The Black Muse said...

He is absolutely ADORABLE!!! And he's getting so big! Enjoy him, they grow so quickly! I know everyone probably says that and I never thought I would, but here I am!

Melissa said...

He's adorable!! Smart move planning to go to daycare for a day and then having the weekend to recuperate. You'll be fine, I swear it's harder on us than it is on them.

Jess said...

He's super cute!!!
Having to go back to work with a little one sucks!!

shea said...

good luck going back to work. he is soo adorable!

Anonymous said...

It is hard to go back to work, but exercising your brain professionally is good for you and helps you be a good mom too. Expect a few (okay, many) tears those first few days. Not his, yours, lol. Eventually, if your providers are good, you will get to experience the sting of rejection when your kid doesn't want to come home with you, and prefers to stay with the sitter!

As far as the shots go, the trick I've learned to make it more bearable (again, for you, and probably for him too) is to ask that 2 nurses come in and do the shots at the same time. That way it's over quicker, and you don't have to watch your baby get poked a 2nd time while he's already screaming from the first jab. And you can pick him up sooner and soothe him. Most nurses don't mind doing it, and even if they do grumble, do we give 2 shots of piss? I didn't think so!

He continues to be adorable, btw:)

giggleblue said...

i heart him!

Gayby Rabies said...

He's gorwing like a weed! And so cute too! That's great that you'll be able to be with him on the first day of daycare to make the transition easier.

Katie Miller said...

Hi I just started a blog about being pregnant and I am looking for other people that have babies or that are pregnant.I found your blog and like it. I just wanted to wish you luck going back to work. I am staying home with my daughter b/c it would cost more to put her in daycare then staying home. I do want to have a home daycare someday though. I give credit to those moms that work and have a newborn at home but, I also give credit to the stay at home mommy's too. Eiether way it is hard work.