Monday, June 14, 2010

8 Weeks

My darling SugarPlum survived his first round of vaccinations. He was fussy in the evening and insisted on being cuddled while he slept. Of course, I eagerly obliged as cuddling him is one of my favorite past times. By 8pm he woke up and was back to his bright, bubbly self.

I feel like I write this every week, but he is truly growing like a weed. At his 8 week check up, my beautiful baby weighed in at 14 pounds, 12 ounces and is 24 3/4 inches long. He easily fits in to 3-6mo clothing and has grown out of his newborn prefold diapers. I remember not too long ago he had plenty of space to stretch out when we breastfed in the nursery rocker. Now, we have to find somewhere to put his legs and keep him comfortable. I can only imagine the scene when he's like 5 months old and still breastfeeding.

Speaking of breastfeeding, it is going unbelievably well. Preston is going about 3 hours now in between feedings and wakes up once between 10:30pm and 6am to eat which we both do half asleep while laying in bed. We are not starting solids for a while but I've already researched the food processor that I want and I'm excited to make his own baby food.

In other news this week also brought about Preston's first road trip. We went to visit my brother and family in Ohio. The little ones had a photo shoot which went incredibly well. It's very easy to get suckered in to buying lots of pictures. The kiddos had a great time, especially my 5 year old niece who hammed it up for the camera. However, note to self about going away for the weekend... ALWAYS remember to pack a pump, even if it's your manual pump. I woke up so engorged on Sunday and hand expressing helped but is not nearly as powerful as a pump.

We are gearing up for another road trip this weekend to DC to visit Preston's godmother and attend her mother's 55th birthday party. We've been looking forward to this road trip for a while. I hope Preston does well with this trip as well. The hardest part of a road trip with an infant is not being able to pick them up out of their car seat and hold them when they cry.

And as always, here's a picture of the little tyke:


7 comments:

AdventuresInBabyMaking said...

he is so gorgeous! i'm glad things are going so well!

luckyduck said...

wholesomebabyfood.com is a great site for baby food recipes. We do baby led weaning, and it is SO much easier than store bought baby food. . . although we do that too!

You little guy is getting so big! What a cutie!

Jill

anofferingoflove said...

What a big boy! And so so cute!
Good to hear he recovered from the vaccines okay, those are never fun.

Melissa said...

He's so big! (In a good way). I agree with Jill, that site is really helpful.

Jess said...

wow, he is so long. I hope he does well on his first road trip. He's too cute!

Gayby Rabies said...

Wow, he is a big boy! I'm glad to hear his first road trip went so well.
Oh, and I love his T-shirt too!

Anonymous said...

He's an adorable little man! Good to hear the road trip went well!