Monday, December 6, 2010

Recommendations please

We are going on our annual cruise next month. This time with Preston. I'm debating on whether to lug my full size stroller or invest in an umbrella stroller. My friend thinks we should buy a cheap $20 stroller but Danielle and I are both very tall and I refuse to be hunched over all week. So we're looking for a lightweight stroller that reclines and is ergonomically suitable for tall people. Any recommendations? I've heard great things about McClarens.

P.S. I'm also bringing my Ergo because we never leave home without it. It's an absolute life saver.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

6 comments:

Carrie and MJ said...

We bought a Chicco Liteway stroller to use as a "smaller" stroller when Drew gets bigger. I have the same problem of being tall and this one was very comfortable. It is along the same line as the Maclarens. I think we'll like it a lot! Enjoy your cruise!

luckyduck said...

I think you should try out an umbrella. They make some taller, hopefully not too expensive. Sometimes it is just nice to have a little stroller, especially in tight spaces like ship rooms and hallways!

What fun!!

anofferingoflove said...

we love our maclaren, but they are kinda pricey (ours was a gift). it handles greats, goes around corners easily, folds quickly. we are looking into (used) twin maclarens right now because we've been so happy with the single.

and oh yeah on the ergo comment! i LOVE mine - i would never get anything done without it! :)

Michelle said...

I think this might help in your search. It's an article rating strollers (scroll down) for tall people!
http://www.tallbabystuff.com/best-strollers.html

Lisa said...

Thanks for your suggestions and recommendations. It's a toss up between a Maclaren and a Chicco Liteway. Maclaren goes up to 50+ pounds and given our son's height and weight, this has to be highly considered. They also weigh less which is a plus. We have a Chicco full size stroller and I'm really pleased with it so I feel confident that their lightweight will be equally as good. Both recline and both appear tall online. So I guess we'll check them out this week. I wish I had time to check it out before going to Florida on Thursday to visit my parents.

giggleblue said...

get a mac. lightweight and some models have adjustable handles. don't hunch yourself over all week. you'll regret it!