Saturday, February 21, 2009

Jean Day

It is amazing how a good pair of jeans can make you feel so incredibly hot and sexy. Yesterday was jean day at work so I felt great. I think it had to do with the fact that I fit into a pair of jeans that I haven't in quite a while. After work there was a lez night at Diesel here in Pittsburgh. It was our first time going and we had a blast. However, Danielle thought it was funny that the bouncer at the door asked me if I was there for "lez hour" because according to Danielle I don't look like I'm a part of the "club." We were meeting a few friends there and the funniest part of the night was when my friend texted me before I got there to tell me that my old boss, a boss who once wrote me up for a really bullshit reason, a boss who is seriously bipolar, a boss who didn't even acknowledge my leaving after 5 years of great work with them, would be there. And the even funnier thing was that when this said boss saw me she came up to me with her new gf and leaned in to give me a hug. Um, can we say DENIED!!!! This, my friends, is a classic example of her bipolar/axis ii personality disorder-ness. She really acted as though we were BFF's that hadn't seen each other in a long time. It was really weird. Anyway, of course I had fun shaking my ass. Although I really wonder why les bars play the crappiest music sometimes. Is there a secret requirement to love 80's music and mid 90's music that I'm just not aware of? Is that why the bouncer stopped me?

Anyway, I guess this weeken is full of shaking booties because Danielle's mom who loves dancing asked us all to go out with her tonight. I actually don't mind going to The Grove because they play disco music. Now, disco music I can do. Studio 54 (minus the cocaine) here we come!!!

Oh and by the way the carpet people are coming in 2 hours. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

tireegal68 said...

Great to be able to fit into a favorite pair of jeans - what is your secret?
Good luck with the new carpet and getting your home back to normal.
Shake that booty!
I went to a dance last weekend and as I am a child of eighties music I loved it! But that's cos I am an oldie!
Have fun!

Anonymous said...

oh yeah, there is nothing like a well-fitting pair of jeans to make a girl feel good!! :D

Jess said...

I love jeans! I have a favorite pair myself. The only thing is when you have a favorite pair of jeans, you wish you would have bought more then one pair of the same. So when your favorite pair gets warn out after awhile you'd have an extra pair of the same style, lol!!!

Unknown said...

We've been meaning to check out one of the happy hours - right now that is not an option since jetlag has be asleep my 6 pm, but maybe next time. Glad to hear it was so much fun!

Catherine said...

What no picture of the jeans. I once got questioned about my sexuality by bouncer too. I have never looked dykey enough!

Becky Le Cochon said...

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Crayonboxes said...

congrats in fitting into the new pair of jeans.. always a great feeling :)