Monday, November 16, 2009

Crib Bedding???

This week we are in the planning phase for the nursery. Ironically (?), I had a girl's nursery planned right down to the accessories but I had nothing planned for a boy. It feels like boys room are more themed orientated than just decorated. So the challenge is deciding on colors, layout, bedding, etc. Danielle and I are trying compromise on color. We don't exactly want a typical blue nursery but we're not against it. We've tossed around a few colors but we're not sure. However, my purchase today may help move the decision along. While at BRU I scored an Amy Coe 4 piece crib set and mobile. The bedding alone generally goes for $169 and I got the bedding and mobile for..............$16.00. No that's not a typo $16.00. Even the sales associate was surprised. I don't know if it was mismarked or what because bedding NEVER goes that cheap. Even the ones around it were $70 on clearance. So I figured even if Danielle doesn't care for the bedding for the nursery we can send parts of it to daycare or use it as a back up. Either way, I'm super excited about this purchase.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gavin's room is Wisconsin Badgers, as is his car seat, diaper bag, last year's snowsuit, you get the idea. Now that his hair has turned light blond, he looks cute in red and I find myself buying a lot of red clothes for him too.
You don't really use bedding for the first year or so anyway, so it's great that you got it so cheap! If I remember right, you're in a cold winter climate, right? Be sure to stock up on blanket sleepers/wearable blankets. They are the best!!!

Melissa said...

That is an AMAZING deal!! I like the set you got and think you can pull a lot of elements out of it to incorporate into SugarPlum's nursery.

Anonymous said...

What a great deal! I hope Danielle likes them too.

Michelle said...

Love the browns and blues together. GREAT score on that price. Wow.

Jess said...

Great deal!! and I love the crib bedding!

J and D said...

We got a lot of inspiration for our nursery from Flikr. I went on and did various searches for "baby's room", "nursery" etc and I looked at what other people had done.
As for your bedding find - that was a steal! It must have been priced wrong!!
btw, we just bought Amy Coe curtains for our room. Very cute stuff.

Gayby Rabies said...

Wow, great deal on the bedding! I think it's perfectly acceptable to find one great piece like that and build the rest of the room around it. It's fine to just use a color theme for a boy's room. SugarPlum won't be psychologically scarred if he doesn't have sailboats or dinosaurs plastered all over the walls.

CJ said...

I LOVE blue and brown! LOVE it!

giggleblue said...

damn, that's a good deal! congratulations! i say go with it!!!