Thursday, December 17, 2009

Snatchysnoo

Thursday: Yep, that's what the ER doctor called my vagina when giving me my discharge orders... A snatchysnoo. I know he was just being funny and it did make me laugh (he called it a vagina the rest of the time). So the ER.... I had some unexplained bleeding yesterday. Although the rational side of me knew things had to be okay because I wasn't in pain, have any cramping and I could feel SugarPlum move around like he usually does, I had no explanation for the amount of blood I was seeing. So I did the only sensible thing.... I cried. I'm usually pretty good in a crisis but everything just swirled around in my head and in the midst I was crying and couldn't stop crying. I couldn't find Danielle, who works in my building, and this made me cry some more. Anyway, the doctor, Dr. Snatchysnoo checked me out and it seems that it may have been a fibroid that ruptured or my placenta coming slightly loose. He said it will reattach itself if that is the case. Just to keep an eye on it, I'll be scheduled to have an u/s at 28 weeks.

Friday: Around 2am I started to feel sick. I had terrible nausea, upset stomach, and my skin started to hurt. I hate when that happens. By this morning, I had a low grade fever which throughout the day increased to 100.7. It's finally starting to break (100.2) and I've been able to stay awake long enough to jump online. My midwife seems to think that I have a stomach bug vs the flu and said it should pass within 24-48 hours. I sure hope so. I hated taking time off from work today (ironically 5 other people from my team called off too so maybe something is going around). Being sick just sucks. However, Danielle is a gem as always and did whatever she could to make me feel better. Hopefully, I'll feel better by the morning.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lousy few days! I'm glad you and sugar plum are ok - how scary. I would have cried like a baby. I hope you feel better soon.

Jess said...

I'm so sorry your sick and that you had to go through that with the bleeding!!! It would have totally freaked me out too. I hope you feel and get better soon!! So happy that sugarplum is doing great.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so glad you are both okay! I remember being in the hospital on Chrismas night because I was bleeding, and I was a sobbing mess! Like you, I had no other symptoms. Obviously it turned out okay, as the fruit of my labor is destroying my living room as we speak:)
Hope your stomach bug passes soon so you can enjoy a relaxing Christmas (if there IS such a thing!)

luckyduck said...

Glad sugar plum is okay. Hope you feel better real soon. Take it easy!

Carrie and MJ said...

Oh, what a scare - so very happy to hear that you are fine and so is Sugar Plum. Hope your "bug" goes away soon as well.

zivanod said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
J and D said...

Glad to hear everything is ok... I seriously can't believe the doctor said Snatchysnoo!!!
Sounds like you haven't been having the best time. I hope you're feeling better now after the weekend!!
(that was me above, signed in as the wrong user, hence the delete!)