Saturday, February 6, 2010

Damn Snow....UPDATED to Yeah! Snow

Generally I hate snow but I was looking forward to the snowstorm we were getting. I rented movies and had lovely visions of cuddling with Danielle in bed while watching movies, reading, playing video games and resting. However, my plans were foiled when Danielle went to visit her mother, fell asleep, and woke up after the storm hit and is now snowed in at her mother's.

So what to do during a snowstorm?
-Bake bread
-Figure out how to replace the broken belt on the vacuum
- Hang pictures in the baby's room
- Enjoy left over Indian food from last night (wish I had more)
- Go outside to clear the sidewalk but realize quickly it's way too much
- Decide to make breakfast for dinner bc you've been craving pancakes lately
- Feel sorry for yourself bc your other half isn't with you and that's all that you want
- Get your tax papers together

UPDATE:
My neighbor cleared out his car so I was able to get my car out. I took all the major roads that were clear and went to rescue my love (cue music: Reunited and it feels so good). Now it's time for movies, snuggling, chips and salsa, more snuggling and enjoying each other. Now this is what I had in mind. Yeah!!! She's home.

6 comments:

anofferingoflove said...

What a great update! I'm glad you were able to reunite and spend some nice time together, sounds like a perfect weekend!

rachelbk said...

Glad the snowstorm had a happy ending for you! We're getting ready for another big dump this week.

Unknown said...

I"m glad you were able to rescue Danielle! This weather was made for snuggling!

Gayby Rabies said...

Whew, I'm glad you got Danielle back! I'm hoping that the snowstorm predicted for later this week is big enough to get the university where I work closed!

Suzy said...

ah Lisa we haven't spoken in ages but I have been silently cheering you on, I was BEYOND thrilled when you finally got that elusive BFP. Now that I'm back in blogland I look forward to reading all about Sugarplum :o)

ps I'm posting anonymously but you should be able to work out who I am ;o)

Suzy said...

^^ from BBC (look at me being all cryptic)