Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Invitation greatness



Our Shower is next Sunday, March 7th. I'm so psyched about it and can't believe it's coming up so fast. I'm honestly way more excited about seeing my friends than the gift receiving (although that will be fun too). I truly feel like this is a celebration of our really difficult ttc journey and being able to share the happiness with my good friends who supported me along the way.

My friend Erica is flying in from Los Angeles, her mother is coming in from DC, my childhood BFF from NY, and my brother and his family are coming in from OH. Then I'll have all of my in town friends as well. It will be a small shower with a little less than 30 people and it's at a really nice hotel downtown for afternoon tea.

Erica did a wonderful job with the invitations and envelopes. They are beautiful and totally reflect me and my personality.

Gifts are starting to pour in already. Over the weekend, Danielle's mother and sister bought us a pack and play. The week before we got a Chicco travel system from my parents. Yesterday my brother and sil sent us a monitor. It's pretty neat because you can wear it like a watch, on your upper arm like an ipod when you are exercising, or clipped to your shirt. They also bought us an Ergo carrier. And Rachel (single mom insanity) sent us Boon sippy cups at Mr. Farty's recommendation.

This baby is going to be so decked out with all of this stuff but he deserves it. It took him so long to come to us.

9 comments:

giggleblue said...

the invitations are cute! i'm so happy that you are being showered!!

Anonymous said...

I love the invites, so cute! I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of this little guy too!

anofferingoflove said...

beautiful invites! and i love the book idea! enjoy!! :D

Mina said...

The invitation is precious! I hope you take lots of pics!

Anonymous said...

I just noticed this and had to laugh:
'Week 33: Feels like I'm carrying a bowling ball in my pelvis.'

Oh, honey. That's just his head, lol!

Jess said...

Love the invitations!! and hope you posts some pics from your baby shower! :)

Unknown said...

Oh the invites are precious. Have a blast!!

2momswithaplan said...

Oh I love that invite! It sounds like your shower is going to be a blast! Take lots of pictures!!! :)

Gayby Rabies said...

SugarPlum is so lucky! Not only will he have so much cool stuff, but so many people to love him when he finally gets here. Have a great time at the shower!