Sunday, July 25, 2010

LA or Bust

We placed our house on the market last week and had our first viewing today. Although I would love to unload this house fast, I'm aware of the market and our crap neighborhood so it may take a while. We've received a lot of negativity about moving. Yes, I know L.A. has a crap job market, yes I know the cost of living is high, yes I know there are earthquakes and wild fires...I know already! However, I've been dying to live there for a while. We know we can easily afford to live in Pittsburgh and if we want to return we can. However, we don't need to commit to settling down long term until Preston reaches school age. So L.A. here we come (at some point).

6 comments:

AdventuresInBabyMaking said...

I had been wondering if you were still planning your move to LA. Agreed - you should live exactly where you want to live! (Now if I can only figure out how to make it work in Hawaii...)

Melissa said...

How exciting!! I agree with you now is the time to do it. We just sold our house over the weekend, hoping yours sells just as quickly!!

giggleblue said...

nevermind the negativity. everyone is entitled to blaze their own path. you would regret it if you didn't do it.

so who cares? do you!!! i'm excited!

Gayby Rabies said...

That's so exciting! I agree, you've gotta take chances sometimes and do what you want. What better time to make the big move than when Preston is still so portable and not tied down to any school. Good luck getting the house sold quickly, I'm sure all the improvements you made on the yard recently will help.

Jess said...

I agree with you and everyone that responded to you!!

Suzy said...

Oh wow how exciting!
Pay no attention to the negativity - do what's right for you, and your gorgeous little family!