Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Preparing for Cereal/Solids

I'm not in a rush to start cereal or solids but I like being prepared. As you can see, Preston is doing rather well on breastmilk alone. But in a few weeks/months I'll start to introduce some cereal and solids. There are so many products out there for solids and I'm just wondering what's your favorite plate, bowl, spoon, high chair, food storage container, recipe book, or gadget? I already have the food processor picked out and I know I need to pick up a steaming basket. What else do I need? A friend of mine uses this bowl with her daughter and really likes it. I also like this bowl.

What cool products are out there that I'm missing?

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I like the Tommee Tippee spoons because they change color if the food is too hot. I also love this site for recipes http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/

Yay for Preston rolling over!!

anofferingoflove said...

if you are planning to make all of your own food, which it sounds like you are, i'd recommend storage containers called "baby cubes" in the 2oz size. you can make a big (well, baby-sized big) batch of food and store it for the week. i usually make a batch of food on the weekends and it lasts anywhere from 1-2 weeks, depending on how much fresh stuff we supplement with (avacados, bananas, melons, etc)

you really dont need much else in terms of gear, besides some spoons. we just warm/thaw her pre-made food in a bowl of hot water, then feed her from our own small bowls. no special baby bowls and no extra heating of the food.

Gayby Rabies said...

Obviously I have no advice on baby feeding right now, but it's so amazing that Preston is already preparing for solids! All of the amazing produce available at the farmers market at this time of the year makes me so excited to make my own baby food someday.

Jane said...

I have checked US Amazon site and you get the fabulous Annabel Karmel baby recipe book - lovely ,lovely recipes ! She also sells very attractive storage including 2 oz trays She is very populr here in UK :)