Thursday, August 5, 2010

August 5th

A year ago today my wish came true. My life changed forever. Those beautiful two lines that I prayed to see for two long years showed up on a simple plastic stick. It was at that moment that I learned I was going to become a mom.

I remember how excited and surprised I felt. I also remember how scared I was because how after so many tries, failed iui's, failed fertility drugs, was I pregnant? Surely, the other shoe would drop.

But a few hours later we saw a speck on the screen that assured us the universe had kissed me gently. So I suppose August 5th will always be a special day for me.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

A+K said...

What a happy story with a beautiful ending! Isn't it amazing the difference a year can make??? :)

Gayby Rabies said...

It seems like only yesterday that I was reading your BFP post! Seeing how hard you struggled for that BFP was one of the things that made me feel like I wasn't crazy to keep trying, even though I kept getting BFNs.

Rachel said...

I'll be celebrating the same thing on the 19th. I still have that dried up old pee stick.
Congrats!