Tuesday, August 3, 2010

4 months

I'm 16 weeks old now. Mama says I'm growing up too fast. Sometimes she shows me pictures of when I was only a few days/weeks old. I was pretty skinny back then. Nothing like the big boy I am today.

I had my 4 month check up today. I now weigh 19lbs, 8oz and I'm 27 inches long. Since birth Ive gained over 7 pounds and grown 6 inches. The doctor said I'm off the charts. There was a little panic on mama's face but the doctor reassured her that I was just fine and proportionate for my height and weight. I'm in 9-12 month clothing, medium in cloth diapers and size 3 in disposible diapers. The doctor said it's normal for ebf babies to grow fast the first few months and then thin out.

Talking about being exclusively breastfed, I love my mama's milk. Not only does it make me big and strong but it also makes me feel better when I need comforted like today after my shots. Because I'm growing so well my mommies decided to hold off on cereal for a few more weeks unless I show them that mama's milk isn't filling me enough.

So until next time....
Me at the beginning of my appointment. Mama warned me that I was getting shots but I thought if I flirted with the nurse she would forget.


No such luck. This is me after getting my shots (see how red my face was). I got lots of cuddling when I got home and took a really long nap. I feel much better now.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

Suzy said...

what a little charmer!
xxx

Melissa said...

Poor guy :( Sad little band-aid on his leg. Glad he's healthy little linebacker!!

Jess said...

Love the pictures!!! he's too Cute!! he looks SO much like my Sydnee in that last pic. Dont you just love when they suck on their hand? Sydnee does it all the time now and I think it's so cute as well as the chunky legs.

Love your post! :)

Rachel said...

He is a solid little hunk of man!