Friday, June 13, 2008

Dreams

Last night I had my elevator dream. This is one of the two common crazy dreams that I've been having for years.

Elevator dream:
I get into an elevator, sometimes there are people in there with me but mostly I'm by myself. The door closes and it just free falls--FAST! We must fall at least 30 stories. Sometimes the lights go out and sometimes they stay on. No one ever gets hurt but I'm terrified and sometimes there's nothing to hold on to.

Backseat driver dream:
I am in a car by myself and I am on the drivers side but in the backseat. Somehow the car is moving and I have to steer it from the backseat. I am always on a bridge and I have to manage to get the car across the bridge.


What do you think this all means? I have my own thoughts but what do you Freudians think? BTW, this isn't the first time I've had my elevator dream during the tww.

2 comments:

luckyduck said...

both dreams are about control/or lack there of. That is what I think.

The dream I have all the time- chewing bubble gum that makes my teeth stick together/or fall out. HATE IT!

What do you think your dreams mean?

Jill

Lisa said...

Jill- MY BFF has the same exact dream as you. She dreams her teeth are falling out. I checked out my dreams book and it says losing teeth is associated with anxiety related to getting older. My friend said she read it has to do with stress.

As for me, I agree, it has to do with feeling as though I don't have control over something.