Monday, June 16, 2008

On to plan M

With every cycle that goes by you begin to evaluate what went wrong, what you can do to improve the upcoming cycle, and what you want to keep the same. After 10 tries and 16 months, I think it's time to move on to IUI's. I was really trying to avoid them thinking that I could get pregnant without this next level of treatment but lets face the facts, it's just not happening. So I contacted the Reproductive Endocrinologist (RE) my OB referred me to last year and got some information. It is going to cost $280 a month for the IUI on top of everything else. However, I'll have to wait out a cycle before I can have the IUI. They will use that cycle to do additional bloodwork to make sure I am ovulating and an ultrasound, I suppose to check if/when my egg(s) are being released. Luckily for me, my insurance will cover this testing but they will not, I repeat, will not cover the IUI. Really are you that surprised? Why would they cover the procedure I really need them to? Friggen figures.

So here's plan M: We will do one more try at home during the cycle they do all of the testing just for shits and giggles and then in August we will do the IUI. I will drop the acupuncture. As much as I enjoyed it, I will have to use that money towards the IUI's. We will use 1 vial instead of 2 of the same donor. We will continue using opk's and the monitor as well as checking cm and the opening of my cervix. Finally, we will insem 12-16 hours post +opk. Oh, and we will continue with my last round of 50mg of Clomid. Maybe when I meet with the RE, she will increase it to 100mg although I am really leery of going up another dose but I'll talk that over with her when the time comes.

6 comments:

giggleblue said...

there is nothing better than a plan!! might i add that i will laugh my ass off if this last cycle before the iui works. that's the way the universe turns, my lady!

luckyduck said...

Your plan sounds great. Bummer about the insurance.

Unknown said...

Great plan! I wish you all the best.

giggleblue said...

i have a small favor to ask... when i connect to your page, it gives me that content warning page, which is screwing up my live feed on my page... by any chance, could you remove it? i mean, this is totally selfish, but i just want my life feed to work, so that i can be readily updated with your new blogs and such.. i hope it's not too much trouble.

Lisa said...

Giggle- I have no idea what live feed is. Can you explain it to me and tell me how to turn it off.

giggleblue said...

gotcha. blogger just introduced this thing called a blog roll. you can add the blogs of people you read and then it will automatically update you when they have posted a new blog. you can check it out on the right side of my blog under noteworthy.

at any rate, when someone's blog is set to "adult content" like yours and tosha's, it won't update me when you make a new post.

i was wondering if you could remove the "adult content" setting on your blog, so that i can stay tuned and read your blog just as soon as you post something new.

to turn off the adult content setting, you got to your dashboard. click on settings. on the basic tab, you will see a heading in bold called "Adult Content?" on the left hand side. yours mst say "yes" because everytime i visit your blog, it gives me an adult content agreement, and i have to click "i agree" or whatever. could you please turn that to "no"? that way my live feed will work.

you can add the live feed feature to your page for the blogs you read by going to layout tab, page elements, and then click add a page element. the page element that does the life feed is called blog list. click add to blog, then you can add all the blogs that you read. that way, when you are on your blog, you can see who added new posts and when, without having to go all the way to their blog to see them.

this helps me cause then i can save time and only look at pages that have updated content.