Monday, November 17, 2008

FSA to the rescue

Let the coziness begin. Yesterday was our first day of snowfall. I stayed in for most of the day working on my newest knitting project. I've ventured off into trying out a baby sweater. It is my most advanced project to date.

I'm not a big fan of the winter. Actually aside from aesthetic reasons, I hate it. So lately I've been planning our cruise which is such a great mental getaway. The silver lining in not being pregnant is that Danielle and I can do some cool excursions such as the zipline, segways, snorkeling, etc.

Last week I found out that my job offers an FSA program where I can use pretax dollars to put into an account to pay for medical expenses. I can use it for IVF and IUI's. I can also use it for lypo and while that is incredibly tempting, I will save it for ttc. Unfortunately you can only contribute $5000 max so we are not sure if we want to use it towards IVF or get two injectable cycles out of it. I guess we'll decide closer to the time. Anyway, the money becomes available shortly after I come off break so the timing is dead on.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

What great news! I hope you enjoy the cruise too. I have never been on a cruise, but it's on my 'things to do before I die' list.

Rachel said...

Just popped in to answer your LPC question...yep, I'm doing therapy in our county's CSP (Community Support Program). My clients all have a severe/chronic mental illness, like schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, severe depression w/psychotic features, etc. It's always a challenge, but it's always interesting!

Jess said...

The FSA program sounds great! and can you post a picutre of the baby sweater your going to knit? I would love to see the end result!

Unknown said...

That's great about the pre-tax. I'm totally jealous of your knitting skills. I make a scarf a year and that's all I can manage - usually it comes out pretty squishy and uneven.