Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgiving

The apples to bake an apple pie have been purchased, my mum's holiday recipes have been sought out.... I'm all ready for Thanksgiving. This year Danielle and I will be going to my brother's house in Ohio. This is the first time we are spending it away from her family.

In the midst of our sadness, the state of the country, busy lives, etc I wanted to give a platform to hear what people are grateful for.

I'm thankful for:
- Danielle who is so patient with me, loving and sweet. **Olive Juice**
- My mother for supporting my decision to have a child even though she disagrees with my lifestyle.
- Having a job when there are so many people getting laid off around the country.
- Having a warm home even though it costs a bloody fortune to keep warm.
- Having ttc friends who know what its like to go through this emotional journey.
- Been fortunate even when I forget at times.
- Allowing my brotherJ, the joy of fatherhood after their loss last year.
- For my brother M, who I can talk to about anything.
- My parents who are really great, despite our hiccups regarding my relationship.
- My friends for all of their unique qualities that makes them great friends.
- Our known donor who still wants to help us if we decide to go that route again.
... the list will keep growing

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I am so thankful for my kids, and for my family, even though they drive me nuts most of the time.
I'm thankful for my job, which I love most of the time, and my great coworkers and friends.
I'm grateful for my home, which is a 'work in progress' but its still mine.
And my 4 cats, hairball issues and all!

Carrie and MJ said...

It is so great to take time out of the craziness and remember that we DO have so much to be thankful for!

S. said...

loved your post. it was a nice reminder to pause and be grateful for all of the good in life (and stop obsessing over the ttc struggle). happy thanksgiving!