Saturday, December 27, 2008

15 days and counting...


If you've checked out my ticker, you'll notice that we are leaving for our well deserved, long awaited cruise in two weeks. There are so many choices for things to do on the islands. Our 7 day cruise will stop in Puerto Rico, St. Martin and St. Thomas. So we decided that our days will be mixed with touring the islands, a zipline course, snorkeling, a banana boat (I'm terrified of that) and we are going to lay out at Orient Beach in St. Martin which is a "clothing optional" beach (read: nude---gasp!!!) I think it will be awesome. We will never see these people again and if I'm going to be honest I think it's kinda hot! Danielle refuses to go san bathing suit top but I'm working on her.

Today was fun because we went to get books for the beach and did a bit of window shopping for a new bathing suit (Thank you Target for being the only store to have swimsuits in December), and buy some travel gear.

On a mini rant: The stores are unbelievable. Just 2 days ago, it was Christmas. I wanna say that I wasn't surpised but I was... the stores had Valentine's Day stuff out already. Are you kidding me?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh damn, i am SO incredibly jealous of your upcoming vacation. have enough fun for all of us, okay? :)

tireegal68 said...

I am so excited for you - I have been planning a vacation in my head - and it sounds a lot like that!
I did clothing optional sunbathing in Greece many years ago when I was still hot, and it was fun and you got used to it after a while.
You see every shape and size on those beaches - well at least in Europe we did!
Have a blast! And yes, I went to Target today and saw the bathing costumes ( the English word for it- you know!) and the valentines day cards too!
Happy countdown!
TG:)

Lisa said...

Can I come along, too, if I squish myself up real small in your suitcase? I'm so darned jealous...this midwest winter is for the birds.

Jess said...

I'm so jealous!!
you two are going to have such a great time!