Friday, December 19, 2008

Santa to the Rescue

This weekend is Operation Get My Ass in Gear for Christmas. I've gotta...
  • Make Christmas Cookies
  • Shop for gifts
  • Attend a Christmas party
  • Finalize Christmas Day plans

I'm going to be so busy but that is what happens when you catch the Christmas spirit late (read: procrastinate). I'll keep you posted with pics.

On a more serious but thankful note I want to send a shout out to Santa for helping this little girl. As some of you know, I'm a therapist and specialize in working with children who have been abused so I was particularly drawn to an article I read on CNN about a little girl who wrote a letter to Santa in school asking for the person who was sexually abusing her and her sister to stop. From that they were able to arrest the child's stepfather. The abuse had been ongoing for the past 5 years. If it weren't for Santa, who knows how much longer it would have gone on for.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

nothing like waiting until the last minute to do your christmas shopping!

im still waiting to catch that christmas spirit, it seems to be escaping me this season. . .

happy holiday!

Rachel said...

So glad the healing can now begin for those poor little girls.
Isn't the mental health profession something this time of year?

I am taking a break from wrapping gifts, which is my absolute least favorite part of the whole process.

Ceara is not feeling well, and is carrying a bucket around 'just in case' after her run in with the porcelain god earlier today. I'm just hoping it's a 24 hour bug or something she ate.
I'm also hoping Mr. Farty doesn't get it.

Ugh, why can't we be like bears and just hibernate for a few months and skip the madness?

I got half my sidewalk/driveway shoveled, but my back started really aching and I quit. Screw it, I'd rather pay the fine.

How's that for holiday spirit???

Catherine said...

Thanks God that little girl reached out and it stopped!

Jess said...

Aww, that poor girl and her sister. I'm so glad she got her Christmas wish from Santa.

I'm so with you on the Christmas shoping and the cookies. I haven't done any of that yet.

R said...

So thankful too for that letter. Where was it at? I didn't get to see it. I still have shopping to do yet. Cheers! LOL!!

GIsen said...

The holidays have been a big bust for me.Too much pressure to get too many general things done in others time frame.Not to mention roommate hell.I'm hanging on to every penny,except for the hat shopping spree I went on saturday in Union Sq for myself.

It's been a while since I bought myself something just because.Although these NYC winters are proving my Louisiana winter wardrobe is no match.Thus the hat shopping.My ears were freezing off and of course being the fashionista I think I am I had to have matching gloves.Teehee!