Tuesday, March 17, 2009

No more hammers

The contractors are done just one day shy of two months of returning home the dreadful disaster. The carpet people came today and I cannot believe what a difference the carpet made. Our home feels like a home again, cozy, warm and inviting. Danielle is so excited that I think we are going to have friends over next weekend for game night. The cat who has been at Hotel Donna's (Danielle's mom) since a week before the cruise is coming home tonight. Danielle is thrilled. When we have everything put back together and decorated, I will post some pics. I'm so happy to have my home back together.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonderful news!! it must be so nice to finally be able to RELAX in your home, instead of walking through a construction zone. cant wait to see the "after" shots!

tireegal68 said...

I can't believe it's two months already!!!!
I hope you all get to have fun and relax in your "new" home! Can't wait to see pics!

She said...

great news. i know you guys are excited. your home is going to be your home again. you should do side by side before and after pictures.

KM said...

YAY!!! that is the best feeling ever to get it all back to good. Enjoy!

Melissa said...

That's so great! I couldn't imagine my house not feeling like my own especially when recovering from a surgery.

Jess said...

Great to hear! I'm glad your home is starting to feel more like your home again. Cant wait to see pics when its all finished!!!

Rachel said...

Oh, how great to be back in your own space.
And to have your cat to curl up with, there's nothing more cozy than that! (except having 4 cats to curl up with, which is what is going on here!)
Thanks for the comment on my blog. I've moved from feeling like I was kicked to just being mad.

Crayonboxes said...

awwww, time to relax