Friday, April 16, 2010

NICU day 3


Preston is doing much better as of yesterday afternoon. He's well hydrated and his soft plushy skin has returned. He is producing many wet diapers and has more energy during his feedings. His IV was removed from his hand and his jaundice uv lights were decreased. His billi level dropped to 11 as of this morning. They are looking for a reading below 12 with the ability to maintain it without lights so I think they will discuss testing that out today but I have to wait for his treatment team meeting later this morning to find out.

As for me Im holding up. I'm tired and my feet and legs are incredibly swollen again. Mr. Midwife strikes again and came to visit me yesterday to offer some support.

I'm excited at the possibility of him coming home tomorrow and can't wait to snuggle with him for hours on end. As of right now I only get to hold him for less than an hour every three hours for feedings. Poor Danielle gets even less time.

Anyway thank you all for putting us in your thoughts and prayers. Let's hope for a discharge for tomorrow.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im so happy to hear that Preston is doing great. Im positive that he will be going home. I have my fingers, toes, and eyes crossed for him. Poor Danielle. I cant wait for you both to enjoy him as much as you want together as a family :)

Melissa said...

Can't wait for him to be in your arms permanently. I'll be hoping for a discharge tomorrow!!

giggleblue said...

keeping you all in my thoughts!!

Jess said...

I hope he's home with both of you now!! Love his name btw!

Anonymous said...

I hope that you're all at home now, enjoying your time together.

Pierre said...

Beautiful images,ilike them
God bless you!