Thursday, September 18, 2008

Pay it forward (the receiving end)

I feel so fortunate at times. Today was one of those days. I received an email this morning with the offer of supporting my ttc journey by donating two boxes of injectables. Talk about being surprised. Yesterday, when we met with the RE and she brought it up, we never really went into much detail about it because I just felt it was out of reach. We knew we really couldn't afford it. So it just felt like such a blessing when I got this email.

So who's my little earth angel? It's Gia.

Initially I didn't think we could get it started this cycle because you are suppose to do the first injection on cd 3 (which is today). However my RE coordinator said we could start it on cd 4 the latest. We weren't sure if we could get it shipped in time and by the afternoon I told the RE coordinator that I was going to proceed with the Clomid and explore injectables next month if this cycle was a bust but then Gia called me saying it was being Fed Ex'd overnight and will arrive at 10:30am. So in the morning I just have to call the RE and tell her we changed our minds and will try injectables this month.

I am both incredibly nervous and excited. I feel extremely overwhelmed. Gia, being the technology forward woman she is, said she will make a video for me showing me what to do to decrease some of my anxiety. My stomach has been in knots all day.

Anyway, I just want to say thanks Gia. You are incredibly kind and generous. You didn't have to do this for me and you sure as hell didn't have to act as fast as you did to get it to me overnight. I really and truly appreciate it.

9 comments:

GIsen said...

Yippee!!That's great news Lisa.And thanks Gia ,what a wonderful thing to do:)

Melissa said...

YAY!! So happy for you Lisa and Gia you are a very giving person.

giggleblue said...

that is the greatest news! it's wonderful when we are able to help others! i'm happy that gia is spreading the baby dust! thanks gia!!!

Rachel said...

That is so great! I am hoping that your good fortune continues!

Unknown said...

I'm so extremely happy for you Lisa. You really do have a earth angel in Gia.

Becky Le Cochon said...

Awwwe... Honestly, You are the strong one...I was ready to cave at try #6 yet you are still going. Here you are at try #13 let this be your luck number 13. All the stars aligned for you. It was an adventure trying to make it home get it packed up and to Hoboken for 8pm in order for you to have it today....I have never driven that fast in my life I made a trio that would take 30-40 mins in 15mins...lmaooooo

Anonymous said...

it sounds like the stars indeed are aligned for you to have this baby.

may both you and gia be blessed by it.

Jess said...

Lisa, that's great news!
and That's so sweet of you Gia!!

S. said...

wow, that is so nice of Gia. good luck this cycle!!