Friday, September 5, 2008

Why is this happening to me?

Why is this happening to me? Seriously, I'm a ttc veteran. I've been there, done that. I'm not suppose to get caught up. I'm suppose to be immune to all of this nonsense. After about my fifth cycle I stopped reading into every little twinge, burp, and niggle. I know how powerful the brain can be in creating fake symptoms and making you believe you are pregnant when really you're not so why is this happening to me now? Now, at month 19 and cycle 12.

Of all people, trust me, I know it is waaaaayyyy too early to even experience the things I'm experiencing and I'm attributing them to my new work schedule. But if I am truly pregnant I will apologize to all of the whiny, suburban housewives on BBC birth boards who already have like 4+ children and are acting like this is their first pregnancy asking ridiculous questions like "I farted today, do you think I'm pregnant?" or "my boobs look veiny today, do you think I'm pregnant?" (that one is one of my favorites).

I think I'm having these fake symptoms because I've already convinced myself that I'm pregnant. Lisa, get a grip of yourself!!! I'm going to end up like that one lady on tv who convinced herself that she was pregnant that her body started to produce hormones and her stomach grew into a pregnancy tummy (did I ever tell you I hate the word belly?). Pray for my sanity people, pray hard!

Testing is in 6 days.

8 comments:

Becky Le Cochon said...

hahaha if you test i will too!!!;-)

Catherine said...

Ah, Lisa we have all been there too! I had nightmares about being pg for months, to find out it was all a hoax and I had just convinced myself. I hope this is the real thing.

GIsen said...

I'm praying for you gurl! And not for just your sanity either,but that this is the one you'll carry full term with a uneventful delivery.

How's that for you:p

Melissa said...

It's these moments of hopes and maybes that keep us trying again. If we didn't have those cycles where we thought for sure it was the one we won't continue. I hope this is it for you!!

Unknown said...

Been there done that my damn self. I hope that these symptoms are the real thing.

Anonymous said...

thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, I hope you do know that when I said unmarried I did not mean same-sex couples, I meant those just out of high school, have no job or direction, 1 night standers. I wish you lots and lots of luck with your ttc journey. It is rough!

K said...

Omg I almost choked when I read about the BBC girls who have 4+ kids "I farted today, do you think I am pregnant?" LMAO, If gas means your pregnant, I must be carrying quintuplets.

Becky Le Cochon said...

I have dust and it coming your way.....it comes in 3's right???