Saturday, September 20, 2008

Thai Night



My friend Tiffany is a foodie just like me. Every once in a while we'll get together to make something I found in one of my Bon Appetite or Gourmet magazines. Well last month we decided we were going to try making Thai food. We both love Thai food and recently Danielle developed a new appreciation for it. My trip to the Asian grocery store this morning was quite interesting and gave me a sense of what it must be like to move to a foreign country and not speak/read the language. I relied heavily on pictures to guide my way and I was lucky enough to find a bilingual stock boy towards the end of my trip. Anyway, we decided to make a vegetable soup which had coconut milk in it, corn fritters with a roasted red pepper and tomato dip, panang curry with chicken and vegetables and several fruity alcohol drinks (non-Thai but ever so delicious). Everything came out great. We had so much fun making it but man do I have a headache from those drinks. It seems like nowadays I can't even have one drink without getting a headache. But they were sooooooooooooo good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope you won't need the backup plan.

I don't think I've ever tried Thai food before. I'm usually up for trying anything. Sounds like you guys had a blast.