Sunday, June 14, 2009

BBQ Weekend




Saturday: was awesome. My friend Tiffany and her husband Bill came over for the Jamaican themed bbq. With a few phone calls to my mum to find out how to make certain things, everything came out great. Pictured is the fish dinner with plantains. I didn't take a picture of the jerk chicken but it came out good as well. Tiffany made Berry Mojitos which were so delicious especially after we broke out the firepit and just enjoyed being outside. It was really nice to enjoy our hard work.

Sunday: Danielle's mom and sister came over for hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill. I was so groggy from some medicine that I took last night that I wasn't exactly the social butterfly but I think they had a good time. Gracie came over for a day visit. It was the first time being away from her mom and siblings but she did good. I'm realizing how much work she's going to be. Slice wanted nothing to do with her and instead of sitting in the window like he usually does, he spent the afternoon sleeping upstairs.


TTC: Danielle is doing good. She's handling the tww like a champ. No anxieties, just waiting for me to hand her an htp when the time comes. Even though she would like to get a bfp this time around, she is surprisingly realistic that the chances of it happening the first time around are slim. Wow, I wish I had that same thought process back then.

3 comments:

Gayby Rabies said...

Gracie looks right at home in your yard. She's getting big too! (at least she looks much bigger than the last pic). That's great that Danielle is handling the TWW like such a champ. I hope YOU are holding up well too.

giggleblue said...

that dinner looks awesome and the puppy looks great! i can't wait until you are able to bring her home!

may this tww go by quickly!

Anonymous said...

looks like a fun party! your yard is beautiful.

gracie is pretty d*mn beautiful herself - i could totally eat her up! :D