Sunday, June 28, 2009

My Mum is Awesome

I (subconsciously?) forgot that I had yet ANOTHER baby shower to attend next weekend. I really don't have time this week to go shopping for gifts so I called my mum last night at 9:30pm and asked her if she could make a gift for me to take and by 1pm this afternoon, she emailed pics of what she made. The woman is a amazing. The package includes two fitted cloth diapers, two pacifier clips, two matching non-slip hair bows, and travel diaper/changing kit. All I have to add is a pretty box and a BRU gift card and it's a wrap. Talk about taking a load of my
shoulders.

For our trip to LA she's making us beach towel bags which I think are so cool because they hold things like your book, sunglasses, sunscreen, and whatever else you want to bring to the beach and then once you get there, you just pull it open and lay out. Then when you're done, you just stuff everything back in there and you're off.


Gracie had a good time at puppy school. She was by far the youngest and smallest. We learned sit, lay down, return, and focus where the pup looks at you and only you while walking. The latter two lessons were a little advanced for Gracie but she's pretty much mastered sit and we are still working on lay down. She tends to army crawl to get the treat instead of just laying down. There's no school next Saturday because of the holiday so she has a lot of time to practice her homework.

9 comments:

luckyduck said...

Those are so cute! What talent!

tireegal68 said...

you are right - your mom is awesome. And looking at the tote - I am reading Eat Pray Love at the moment!
:)

Jess said...

Your mother is so sweet!
and OMG, she's so talented. I love them! I absolutely love the diaper bag and cloth diapers she made. Absolutely cute!!!
and what a great idea with the towel bag!

Sounds like you guys had fun at the puppy school! You can also teach Gracie how to role over. when you are dragging her treat and she is army crawling to it. When she gets a little too close to it just role your arm around with the treat over her head a few times so she'll get the idea. That's how I taught my Maltese and now everytime I have a treat and drag it on the ground, she'll role over. It's so cute.

Anonymous said...

your mother is SO talented! im blown away by what she put together!

the comment about gracie's army crawl made me laugh - my dog does that too! i'll put her in a "down stay" and she'll army crawl all over the room (still techinically in a "down", just not quite willing to follow the "stay" part of the command!)

giggleblue said...

okay, so why is your mum awesome???

i'm loving the cloth diapers which has become something new i'm addicted to. i'm totally going to have to email her now. i'm hooked!

Gayby Rabies said...

Your mother is amazing! If I weren't superstitious about buying myself baby things before I get pregnant, I would definitely buy some of those diapers. I'm glad to hear that Gracie is having fun at puppy school. You're really smart to start her so early, she'll be such a well behaved little girl.

2girlsandtheirfamily said...

Moms are great that way, huh?! Looks like yours is pretty much Martha Stewart! So talented :)

Lisa said...

Thanks everyone for the feedback. It's nice knowing that when we do expand our family, we'll have lots of little treasures to look forward to from her.

Jessica- thanks for the tip on training gracie to roll over. She's being so defiant lately but hopefully this weekend we can work on it.

giggleblue said...

i totally emailed your mom.