Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Gracie's Going to School

Yep, Gracie's off to school....Puppy School. Thank you Claire for suggesting it. I remember seeing an ad at Petco before we got her and completely forgot about it. I called around today and got an awesome deal at our local community college, 8 sessions for only $59 and it's on a Saturday at 1pm. Petco's classes were $110 for 6 sessions and they were at 8am on a Saturday morning. I mean, seriously, who the hell wants to be anywhere at 8am, especially on a Saturday?

I think Danielle and I are more excited about her going to school than she is. Of course she was full of excitement when we told her but it could have also been because we were home. I think I'll get a lot out of it because I've never had a dog before. I just Gracie is going to be a star student and the puppy all the other pups want as their BFF.

Melissa and Gayby, I am off to buy her a Kong tomorrow. She seems to have a long attention span so I'm sure she'll enjoy getting treats from it. Jess and AnOffering, thanks for reminding me that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

4 comments:

giggleblue said...

i think that it is good that you are doing training early. scooter is old (well, three) and set in his ways. the only training i managed to get into him was the importance of walking back around trees and hydrants and such on walks with his leash so that i would have to trace around it to free him.

i'm not trying to underestimate the power of that one lesson that i was able to teach him, it's important - you will see! but i should have started early with him. so i'm happy you guys are starting so early with her. the first puppy year is rough. that boy used to chew through any and everything! but it did get better - significantly better, once he started to get older. i think the training will make a it a whole lot better! good luck!

Melissa said...

She'll be valedictorian of her class!

Anonymous said...

puppy classes are a great idea! it took us months to figure that out and we were so glad we did! good luck to gracie on her first day of school! :D

Jess said...

I agree, puppy class is a great idea! and your post was so cute!!! :)