Friday, June 12, 2009

Jamaican me Crazy- It's Friday

It's finally Friday. Thank you Jesus!

It's suppose to be nice tomorrow so we are going to enjoy the fruits of our labor from last week and bbq with some friends. I plan to make:
  • Jerk Chicken- It's a spicy season rub that you put on chicken, fish, or pork.
  • Salad to counter the spiciness
  • Plantain
  • Grilled fish with mango salsa on the side.
  • Maybe some tropical fruits for dessert to go with the Caribbean theme which I just now realized I had. Jamaica is not really known for it's desserts. They eat a lot of fruits such as papaya, guava, pineapple, mango, etc.
  • Limeade- same as lemonade but with limes. So delish
  • And because I'm not ttc- ALCOHOL!!!!!!!!!! Yummy frozen alcoholic drinks. Sorry Danielle.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ill be there, sounds great!

oh wait...was that not an invitation? ;)

enjoy your restful weekend, you've earned it after all the hard work you put in last weekend!

Anonymous said...

Sounds great to me! Enjoy your booze, lady!

Melissa said...

That meal and beverage sound beyond amazing!!!

tireegal68 said...

you go, sister! enjoy yourself and party on down!
did you decide on a vacation destination yet?

Gayby Rabies said...

Mmmm, that sounds so, so yummy. I have a serious addiction to jerk chicken. What a great way to break in your beautiful new yard. Enjoy the alcohol! Have an extra drink for me.

giggleblue said...

ah you are missing rice and peas! i swear i was from the islands in my past life - i just had stew chicken for dinner.