Monday, June 8, 2009

That's what she said

I had my consultation with the RE this morning. She offered IVF, suggested maybe Danielle taking over (which she already has) and told me that although meds help increase my chances of getting pregnant, I don't need them. If I wanted to continue ttc naturally (well as natural as it is for a lesbian couple) I could and still have a chance of getting pregnant because there is nothing medically preventing that but the darn sperm and egg being shy of each other. My tubes are open, E2 and progesterone levels are where they should be and I'm healthy. To ease my mind that I can produce a good follie without medication, I'm going in for u/s and b/w after my +opk this cycle and then b/w the week after. If my follie is good then I may continue to ttc with Danielle. Not twin cycle ttc but tag team ttc.

Last night's insem went well. I was able to use a speculum and get the catheter inside of her cervix (sorry if that is tmi). I felt really good about the process. Lets just hope we can see two lines at the end of ths.

I'll upload some final pictures of the backyard later this week. I finished up a lot today but I still have to buy the fire pit and chairs for the patio and some baskets. I just couldn't bring myself to go to Home Depot for the 7th time in 72 hours.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

That's promising news from the RE. It works out almost perfectly with you and Danielle's cycles so you can tag team it. Hopefully this is it and you don't need to think about it.

Gayby Rabies said...

Heehee...your post title made me laugh. :)
I'm so glad to hear that the insemination went well. It's nice to hear that your RE is not giving up on you- the idea of TTC tag-teaming is very cool. Though I hope you don't need to do that until you decide to try for baby #2.

tireegal68 said...

sounds promising on so many fronts! It's great to hear how confident you are on the ICI front! FX for you both:)

Anonymous said...

i must say, im impressed with your RE speculum/catheter skills!

sounds like your RE gave a renewed sense of hope, what a great thing! tag team ttc is a cool idea, nice that it would ease the constant pressure from you both.

giggleblue said...

girl, home depot is your friend! you know that in the change of address things from the post office, there are coupons in there for 10% off. we never used them because we never did any fixing up type stuff (go apartment living!), but if you are dropping cash like that at home depot, they may come in handy...

i'm happy to hear that the insem went well and that you and your RE are already on the same page. i swear after all of this, most women would be qualified to open up their own RE office!

tireegal68 said...

Hi again! Hope the ICI went well! ( or are you still waiting? ) You asked on my blog where we are going on vacay. We are going to michigan for a conference for my DP's studies ( religion) which although maybe a little heavy may be fun too and then canada to see friends. I am so ready for a vacation.Does not sound as exciting as a cruise or the caribean though!