Wednesday, August 5, 2009

And Finally, Baby Makes Three

Can you believe it? I'm finally pregnant. I've been waiting so long for this day to arrive and now that it's here, it feels so surreal. I know, I know, I didn't even tell you that I was ttc this month. But honestly it was a last minute decision. I had titled this cycle "Ah what the hell" on FF. I was relatively calm throughout the whole 2ww. I hung out with friends, went to my niece's christening, shopped, and just didn't really think about it too much. I wasn't even the slightest bit tempted to test. However, this morning af was due and because I hadn't had any of my usual pre af symptoms, I tested and low and behold I got this:


I tried to surprise Danielle but that didn't work because I was so excited that I just kind of blurted it out. There were lots of tears (Danielle), happy dances (me) and hugs (both). I had to reel Danielle in a bit from announcing it on the 6 o'clock news. However, she did tell her mother and sister. Who did I tell? My two online friends, Tosha and Gia. Both were incredibly supportive (thanks), and well you guys. I plan to tell my mother and brother/sil but I've been so busy at work today that I haven't had a chance.

Actually work was really difficult today. From the time we left the RE's office to the time they called me with the results (um about 4 hours later) I was a nervous wreck. My stomach was in knots and I had literally worked myself into a tizzy. I wasn't able to enjoy the bfp at all. It's just so hard to believe that it finally happened to me. I know I'm deserving of this pregnancy but in the back of my mind I'm just so worried. But with that said, I got my Beta results back and for 16dpo, my number is 333. The RE said she was pleased with the number and that I'm in the range they want me to be in. I go back for another Beta on Friday and if all goes well, an u/s in 1-2 weeks.

So there you have it kiddos. A bfp story after 16 tries over a 2 year span, many buckets of tears, multiple RE visits, 2 cycles of clomid, 3 cycles of injectables and the decision to try at home one time without meds, without an IUI, just with Danielle and myself on a Sunday night in our bedroom the way we started this journey.

29 comments:

Gayby Rabies said...

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!! I am so friggin happy for you! This is so, so awesome.

GIsen said...

Congrats! Couldn't happen to a better person.

tireegal68 said...

OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!!!!!
When I saw the title of your post I am like - I could not believe it!! I was like - okay they have Gracie, now is she the third one, but we know about her so who could the third one be?
I am ecstatic beyond belief!!!! You have been waiting for this so long girl!!!!YEAH!!!!
I am so excited for you and I believe it must feel incredibly surreal and scary after all this time!!!!
WHOOPEEEEE!
You grow, girl!
Hoping for a wonderful second beta!!!
Are you going to announce it on the BBBBBs?
You officially made my day!!!

luckyduck said...

Hurray!! I teared up at just seeing the title on my blogroll! I am so happy for you and Danielle!!

Anonymous said...

oh. my. god. you sneak! id be mad at you for keeping such a huge secret if i wasnt over-the-moon happy for you right now! seriously, i am in tears. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! wishing you a healthy and happy nine months. wooohooooo --- you did it!!! :)

boo said...

WOW!! Congratulations! A home insemination with just the two of you sounds so lovely. So happy that it stuck.

Carrie and MJ said...

HOLY COW!!! CONGRATULATIONS! You are way overdue for your turn. We wish you only the best most healthy next nine months. Great beta - I'm sure you can't wait until the U/S. Way to start off the August BFP train - hopefully we can jump on it with you!

Anonymous said...

OMG! How wonderful! Congratulations!!!!!!

Jess said...

OMG OMG!!! I am SO extremely Happy for you!!! Congratulations!!!!:)

2momswithaplan said...

That is soooooooooooo awesome!!!! Congrats to you both!!

KM said...

This is so awesomely amazingly fantastically great!!!! I am so happy for you and Danielle!!! Congratulations!!! You so deserve this and you both with be amazing!!!

Melissa said...

OMG! SHUT THE HELL UP!! I can't even tell you how happy and excited I am for your two. This is the BEST news ever. CONGRATULATIONS!!

Amy said...

WOO WOO! I am so happy for you.

jessie said...

Congrats!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Yipee! Congratulations!!!! So excited for you!

Rachel said...

I am sooo happy for you, it's been a long hard road! Can't wait to see u/s pics!

Jackie said...

So happy for you and D! Please keep us posted on how your little bean progresses! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

WOOOHOOOOO!!! Nice work lovelies! Congrats and enjoy!

Ninefirefly said...

Congrats!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I have followed your story from Babycenter and the trying boards of April 2007 and the Wonder Women threads. Blessings to you and Danielle for a healthy pregnancy.

giggleblue said...

where the hell have i been???? CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

GOSH, I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!

She said...

HOLY MUTHER COW!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU LISA. CONGRATS! WOW. I CAN'T THINK OF ANYBODY ELSE MORE DESERVING AFTER SO MANY TRIES. CONGRATS! JOIN THE BABY WAGON!!!!!

Mommy and Mamita said...

Congrats!!! So great too that what worked for you after all this time was a natural cycle at home. Your beta numbers are looking really great. I hope you have a healthy and stress free pregnancy. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I am really happy for you - and the way it happened with you and Danielle is so sweet that I am sure you both will enjoy telling that story forever! :)

Susan said...

CONGRATS!!!!! That's terrific, and I'm so happy for you both. :)

Enjoy some of this time while you're at it! :)

Unknown said...

OMG!!! How did I miss this??? Congrats. I'm so so happy for you.

This Mom said...

I'm a little late to this news but wanted to congratulate you anyway. I've been lurking on your blog for some time and am so glad to hear about your BFP!

The Black Muse said...

I just want to say congratulations to you! I've been following your story from Babycenter and I'm so happy for you. Congratulations again!

Sabrina said...

Lisa I am actually crying! I haven't been online much and just saw your blog and had to come back to this one to see the bfp!

I could not be happier for you and Danielle. Congratulations!