Friday, August 7, 2009

Wanted: Doggy Daycare

Yesterday, we went to visit Doglogic and all I can say is that whoever manages doggy daycares should shut that place down PRONTO! Here's what was wrong... Two kids were managing about 40 dogs. There were two rooms, one for big dogs and one for little dogs and all they did was roam around the room. The room with the little dogs down the hall was behind a wooden door and they said "we TRY to check in on them about once an hour." He let us literally peek into the room and there was nothing but pee and poop all over the floor in this very drab, windowless room. I asked if they had a schedule for the dogs and they said no. I asked about the inground swimming pool and the outdoor play area and they pointed to the area but didn't take us out there stating that it's mainly there for the big dogs to use and SOMETIMES they will take the little dogs out there. So basically what I gathered is that it is just a dumping ground that you pay almost $20 a day for that lacks supervision, a schedule, adequate staff, or any regard for how the smaller dogs are doing in a very closed off room. We were so outta there.

On a whim we decided to go to Camp Bow Wow. OMG, what a difference. The place was set up nicely, you saw staff cleaning as we went through. They have play areas for ALL dogs that are sectioned off for their size. They monitor the dogs throughout the entire day and will place the dog in their "camper" (kennel) to rest or calm down. They are fed organic food if you decide not to bring your own. You could tell that the staff were really invested in caring for the doggies. However, the owner told us that Gracie was way too small to attend. She would consider taking her when she got to her full weight of 10 pounds. She was concerned that she would get hurt because her bones are still fragile. However, the sweet thing was she took our information and posted it for a personal dog sitter. So it seems that a personal sitter is the way we'll have to go for now.

On a baby note (I almost wrote a ttc note because I'm so use to writing that) thank you so much for all of your well wishes. It's amazing to see how many people read my blog that I didn't even realize or popped over to congratulate me. It's a great feeling to have so many people being so happy for us.

I had my second Beta today and it went from 333 to 1008. We were asked if we wanted to be discharged to our OB or come in for an ultrasound first. We opted for an ultrasound (of course). I need to buy some time anyway because although I love my OB, she travels a lot and I would be very disappointed if she wasn't there for the birth. I really like the idea of a midwife so I need to investigate a little.

3 comments:

Gayby Rabies said...

Sorry to hear that Gracie isn't big enough for Camp Bow Wow yet. It really does sound like a great place- and I still want to know what the heck happens in a dog interview.

It's so wonderful to see you writing about baby news rather than ttc news. You deserve this so much. I can't wait to see ultrasound pics!

It really has been inspirational to me as well. After 10 BFNs, I was beginning to wonder if I was crazy for carrying on. You've really given me hope that it can work for me someday too. (I don't want to sound self centered by writing about me, but seriously, hearing your good news has really helped me hold it together)

Anonymous said...

Again, I can't say it enough, CONGRATS!!!!! I can't wait to read about your journey!

Jess said...

wow, what Awesome beta numbers!!:)
Cant wait for the u/s pics. That first doggie daycare sounds disgusting! I feel bad for those poor dogs that are being neglected there.