Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Girl, did you hear?

I work with a bunch of fucken morons. Apparently I'm a part of the gossip mill. Am I surpised? Not so much. It's one of the major reasons I delayed announcing my pregnancy. I talk about Danielle a lot at work but no one seems to put two and two together and no one has asked so it is assumed I have a boyfriend on the "down low" as one woman put it and the other is that I got knocked up from a one night stand. Really? I'm freaken 30 years old. I haven't had a one night stand my entire life even when I dated guys. Part of me is annoyed but the other part just has to laugh.

One woman caught on last night that I have a dp. How did she find out? She grabbed my phone off my desk while it was ringing to look at the picture of Danielle and I on my screensaver. Then today, another girl came to my desk today and began tapping on the screen on my Iphone. When I asked her what she was doing she said she wanted to see what my phone was like. Knowing what she was up to, I opened up my phone to show the apps but she quickly lost interest. Why? because she really came over to look at the screensaver. People are so incredibly nosey that all I can do is laugh.

People, I'm a 30 year old pregnant woman in an interracial same sex relationship who used a donor to create a wonderful baby to be born in April 2010. Get over it. It's not that big of a deal.

12 comments:

2momswithaplan said...

Amazing! Well your life is pretty interesting! I'm sure those women just need to boost the excitement in their own lives and are doing that through you.

I wouldn't explain anything to them... I would just sit back and watch them flounder..

Anonymous said...

i vote for taking the last paragraph of this post and hanging it up on your workspace! ;-)

sounds like you have some crazy nosy co-workers!

Jackie said...

I'm a 32 year old pregnant woman in an interracial same sex relationship who used a donor to create a wonderful baby to be born in February 2010.

I'm sorry your co-workers can't deal. It doesn't seem to bother my co-workers here in NYC. Weren't you considering a move? We'd love to have you here :-)

Good luck hun! You seem to be handling it in stride!

Melissa said...

You are taking it very well. I think I would be more pissed off that people were all up on my business. I'm glad you can find the humor in it.

I think I started feeling Bit around 17 weeks. But at 18weeks I knew for sure because they were no longer flutters but pokes and little jabs.

Jess said...

I would be so annoyed!! sorry you have co-workers that are nosy and acting like they are still in grade school!

rachelbk said...

People really can't mind their business, can they? Especially when they think there's a scandal story brewing!

shea said...

sorry you had to go through that lisa. you are better then me because i would have went off on a hoe quick!

Gayby Rabies said...

What is wrong with these people? I would temporarily change my screensaver to say "nosy people suck".

C.I.W. said...

It sorta sounds like the season premiere of The Office...

It was funny on tv, though- I bet not so much in real life :)

J and D said...

I can't believe how nosy your co-worker was... how juvenile. I hate how people can't stand up and ASK what is on their minds.

I found out last week that one of my co-workers (who I adore) had asked one of my friends how I was going to deal with the "Societal pressures" of my situation. She knew right away that he thought I was knocked up and single and was like...umm.... when gay people get pregnant it's normally planned! He apparently looked stunned but carried on like he knew all along. LOL

Unknown said...

Actually it is a big deal - it's a huge, wonderful deal (have I mentioned that I'm so happy for you two!) - just not in the way these idiots think so.

RDR said...

People are so inappropriate. Definitely have co-workers with boundary issues! I am glad you are focusing on what's important, congratulations again!