Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Heartbeat

Mr. Midwife is so nice. I called him last week to see when we would get to see SugarPlum again. The last time was at 6w3d for the u/s at the RE's office. His response was typically at 18 weeks we'd see him/her again. Even though I have morning sickness, I still felt the need to know what was going on in there just to make sure. So he told me to come in this morning so we could try to listen for the heartbeat via doppler. He took me right back and within 5 minutes, we were listening to SugarPlum's strong heartbeat. It was so awesome to hear. I have Rx to get b/w and some prenatal testing and I go back on October 2nd. He said if I need to come back in beforehand to listen again I could call him. Although I won't, it's so nice that he offered.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

That's really nice of him! We bought a doppler on Amazon.com. It helped ease our stress in between doctor's appointments.

I've been super lazy and have made nothing for the baby yet. I need to get my butt in gear. Have you made anything?

anofferingoflove said...

your midwife sounds so wonderfully accessible! congrats on getting to hear the heartbeat - isnt it the most reassuring sound in the world!? :)

Gayby Rabies said...

It sounds like you really picked the right midwife! It must be very reassuring to know that you can check in on Sugarplum anytime.

2momswithaplan said...

That is really awesome! You should definitely look into one of those doppler things. I think you can also rent them if you don't want to buy one. I'm sure if you google 'doppler rentals' something will come up.

Rachel said...

That's so nice to have that reassurance when you need it. I had many extra doppler appointments, I suspect my OB was just appeasing me, but it was such a relief every time!
Congrats!

Jess said...

You have a wonderful Midwife!!
I second on maybe getting a doppler.

J and D said...

Hey... I just stumbled across your blog and as I'm reading about your BFP I realize that I recognize the story from bbc... (this is jesscdn) All this time and I didn't know you had a blog.... So, Hi!! I'll add you to my blog roll!!