Thursday, September 3, 2009

Ooppsss!

I've been really sick this week and finally broke down and told my boss earlier this week and my two supervisors today just in case I had to leave work early. I don't want to be viewed as a slacker especially after coming back from vacation.
  • Response from boss: thrilled, happy, gave me a hug, talked about the experience so far.
  • Response from supervisor #1: happy, concerned about my sickness, gave me the most awesome ginger/peppermint teabag and honey in my teacup.
  • Response from supervisor #2: happy, confused and asked the best question of all time:
"was it planned?"

Now ladies and gents, all three of these people know I'm in a lesbian relationship so I couldn't help but laugh hysterically (inside of course because outside would have just been rude) at this question. Because seriously, how do two women in a lesbian relationship have an "ooppss baby?" Ahhh, good times I tell ya.

12 comments:

Sarah said...

"Well, no, I got really drunk one night, forgot I was gay, and oops!". I had a guy ask me the same thing when I was pregnant. I responded, "very."

Jess said...

lol at your second supervisor's question! even though it was a dumb question.
That is so great how happy they are for you!!!

luckyduck said...

i got that once . . . weird.

2momswithaplan said...

LOL When I was first pregnant and I told my supervisor, his response was, "How'd you do that?" I proceeded to tell him all the details on how we were able to conceive! Be careful what you ask for!

Melissa said...

So weird. Guess he was in shock and didn't know what to say :) Too funny.

Gayby Rabies said...

You should have told supervisor #2 that Danielle is not the father. Just to mess with him / her a little.

justine said...

what an awkward question! what did you even say?! hope your future announcements are more exciting/ supportive with fewer questions!!

anofferingoflove said...

thats awesome :) what a funny question!

glad to hear you have so much support at work - that makes a huge difference!

Anonymous said...

ha ha, wonder what the reaction would have been if you said no.
I am happy that you are able to share the good news, congrats.

rachel said...

Haha, since I know all your boss and 2 supervisors, I am not surprised by the responses! Congrats again! Hope you start feeling better soon!

rachelbk said...

What!?! It was planned?? I thought you just slipped and fell into a vat of frozen sperm. It could happen to anyone, right?

J and D said...

That's really funny...!! lol My boss didn't know much about me (since I was new to the job) and said "I didn't even know you were in a relationship".
Funny how people react to the news and sometimes say somewhat inappropriate things..