Friday, October 16, 2009

Random Moments from Week 14

  • I went to the bathroom at work in dire need to pee and completely forgot the code to get in. I had to run down three flights to use one that didn't require a pass code. I always had a slight disbelief about "pregnancy brain" and knew I would never be a victim of it.
  • Danielle and I are attending a "Plan and Scan Workshop" tomorrow at BRU. Afterwards we plan to start our registry. Virtual shopping is always fun.
  • It was Danielle's birthday yesterday.
  • A conversation between Danielle and myself. Me: OMG, you have to come to this huge consignment sale with me next week. It's suppose to be huge. Danielle: what's a consignment sale. Me: (I explained). Danielle: So what you're saying is that you want me to attend a huge baby garage sale? Me: Thanks. Thanks Danielle for cheapening the whole experience. I took back the invitation and our friend Tiffany is coming with me instead.
  • Last night I wasted 30 minutes of my life watching "Mall Cops" on TLC and laughed so hard. Good times!!!
  • I lost another pound. I'm now down 9 pounds compared to my first prenatal visit. I'm eating though. Weird!!!
  • I interviewed for a position with better hours than what I'm working now. I doubt I'll get it bc they inadvertently told me that a lot of supervisors were applying. That intimidates me but keep your fingers crossed for SugarPlum's sake.
  • I confess that sometimes feel guilty about blogging about my pregnancy. I know that when I was struggling with ttc there were times I had a hard time reading pregnancy blogs and just skipped over them on my blog roll. I will understand if anyone has to do that with me.
  • I find that I'm losing a connection with one of my friends. When I'm asked what's going on with my life, I talk about my pregnancy. I hate that I may be turning into one of those people. However, right now, there isn't much else going on in my life. God, that's sad.
  • Slice and Gracie are GROSS!!!! Our cat, Slice, throws up about once a week. Mostly bc he ate too much or ate too fast. Well last night he threw up a large amount. I was looking through the mail at the time and figured I'd clean it up after I was done. I went to go clean it and Gracie had eaten 3/4 of it!!!! Ew!!!! I mean who the hell eats someone else's vomit? Talk about dry heaving. I thought I was going to puke just at the thought of her eating it. Well on the bright side, it was less for me to clean.

13 comments:

giggleblue said...

scooter eats hiker's throw up too. nasty bastard!

oh, and TL got tired of shopping with me during the whole "which stroller should we get" fiasco. it's normal. i know that doesn't make it better, but it is normal. whatever happens, don't cry at the baby yard sale, okay??

speaking of baby stuff...

Stroller/travels system - that's a cute one!! have you pushed it around to make sure it's tall enough?? both of you guys are tall, right? we like our mac a lot actually, but our regular stroller is like 25 lbs, so it's nice to get something for up and down the subway stairs. we got the GAP mac (pink and brown). they try to have high end models, but i don't see the advantage of any of them, unless you get the one that has the extendable handles for tall people. i'm 5'2. TL is 4'11. we didn't need extending handles.

Britax - everyone loves them. the damn thing wouldn't fit in my car or TL's car rear facing though. and we plan on extended rear facing. i don't know what type of car you have, but if it fits, go for it!!! i personally like to ride in the car with my seat really far back, so it just wasn't going to work for me. TL's car is smaller than mine was, so it really wasn't going to work in hers.

Carrier: love the ergo!!! good choice!

Breast Pump: i had the medela freestyle and then also the hand pump, harmony. hand pump came in handy for relieving engorgement quickly. i just kept the whole set up in the fridge and could whip it out when i needed it. and put it back in there when i was done. i liked the medela freestyle for size - didn't scream BREASTPUMP!!!, but it's really not "freestyle" unless you have like size b or c breasts. anything double anything is not going to work with the set up they give you... medela was awesome though!

Cribs: check out walmart.com for cribs. i don't know what brand or style you are looking for, but if you do wind up buying off line, walmart has that cheap store to store shipping. so if you see one somewhere, check there before you buy. we got ours from there and love it. i like that you can shop by color too.

Beaba Baby is the one! yes, it's $150, but it's been worth every penny, to me at least. if you have a high quality food processor or blender already, then use that. but we have this cheap ass $15 chopper thing, and that wasn't going to cut it. i like the fact that you can steam and process in the same unit. plus, our kitchen is a match box - we have no room for large appliances. granted, i do usually have to do like 3 batches cause the thing is sooo freaking small, but they take like 30 minutes at a time and i can set it and walk away without worrying about boiling over or whatever. if we had twins, it may be a pain because you would be making double the amount of food, but for a singleton, i think it's perfect.

rachelbk said...

Um, looking ahead to more good times- I have 4 large cats who puke often because they don't make catfood kibbles big enough to force these lazy beasts to chew. Let me just say that little dogs aren't the only ones who will 'help' clean it up if you don't catch them quick enough...

Mina said...

Hey there :)

I came across your blog from Amy & Melissa's blog, so I thought I would say hi! Congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm looking forward to reading about your journey :)

rachel said...

Cat and dog thing- gross, consignment sale- funny. Have fun at BRU! And don't worry about the weight loss, really, 2nd trimester, everything is better and your eating will pick up.

Danielle and Portie have the same b-day! Happy B-day, Danielle.

Speaking of guilt...Don't talk about a different job!!! That is not ok. I will not say a thing, I owe you. And still feel bad.

anofferingoflove said...

forgetting the password made me giggle outloud - im so right there with you! :)

have fun registering!

Jess said...

lol! some of your post cracked me up. yes, dogs can be very gross, they'll sometimes even eat their own poop and cat poop as well as barf. Nasty I know!

and pregnancy brain, definitely not a myth, I have even forgotten my name and address when asked when I went to the doctors earlier in this pregnancy. I felt so stupid!

Gayby Rabies said...

Happy belated birthday to Danielle! I hope the baby registry planning goes well. Can you believe you're already making a registry? It seems like just yesterday that you posted about your BFP. Please don't ever feel guilty for blogging about your pregnancy. You have PAID YOUR DUES and anyone who reads your blog is surely very happy for you! And besides, the stories about pregnancy brain are very funny!

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Danielle!! Glad things are moving along smoothly for you in the pregnancy. Good luck at the "baby garage sale" ;) Hope you find some great stuff.

Stacey said...

haha well cats/dogs always eat vomit. our cats vomit too. and dogs eat cat poop. animals are gross. nevermind what our last golden ate at the park (dead, dried up animals).

just wait until you have kids then your life will be really boring to other people. hahaha. i have nothing much to talk about because all i do is watch the kids these days. it's sad but true. :P

tireegal68 said...

you have been busy! I couldn't remember my DPs work phone number yesterday so had to call her cell instead! I call it BCP brain! Cute story:)
Let's face it - dogs are gross but we love them anyway!!!
Happy week 15!

J and D said...

I agree that virtual shopping is a lot of fun. I want to start creating registries just for fun. It's like lazy window shopping.

And pregnancy brain - I didn't believe it either but it's so not a myth. I've stood at the door to get into work on more than one occasion swiping the pass for my parking garage (at home) wondering why I can't get in. Duh!!

J and D said...

Answering your question...
Our prenatal class was offered through our local community centre which is queer centric. I'm not sure if you have anything like that but the class is a weekend intensive (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) so if you wanted to come up for a vacation the next one is in January! Search 519 community centre.

tireegal68 said...

HI Lisa
thanks for commenting on my blog.
ICLW is International Comment Leaving Week - something that Melissa from Stirrup Queens does once a month. You sign up ahead of time and then each participant comments on members posts to spread the love. It's on the top right of my side bar - if you click on it it tells you the details.
So excited that you are in week 15!!!