Thursday, October 1, 2009

Gracie in her terrible 2's?

Fall is here. There are two perks to this time of the year: The fall line up on tv and extra snuggling.

This week Gracie has been driving me up the freaken wall. She learned to jump on the couch and she's up here all the freaken time, yapping in my ear, moving around, crawling all over me and yesterday just standing there barking incessantly only at me. My patience is really being tested. I never wanted her up on the couch in the first place and now we have to work really hard to help her unlearn this behavior. It's very frustrating.

5 comments:

rachelbk said...

Ugh, I hate that! It's the main reason I don't have a dog, I don't like the constant 'neediness.' My cats are bad enough, and they typically ignore me unless there is food involved.

Unknown said...

We're in the process of training Talula to stay off the couch. It's not easy. We taught her the command "Go to bed" and she'll get into her doggie bed on the floor - but she still tries to sneak back up when she thinks we aren't looking. When we are desperate a raw hide will hold her a attention for a few hours of peace.

Gayby Rabies said...

My dog is usually fairly mellow in the summer- I think the heat takes a lot out of her. But as soon as the weather gets a bit chilly, she's a ball of energy. I wonder if the cool weather has given Gracie a little boost of energy?

Carrie and MJ said...

No help for poor doggie behavior - as mine are ill mannered too! LOL!!! But noticed your ticker and wanted to congratulate you on making it to 13 weeks - the last week of the first tri!!

Jess said...

That's a hard habbit to break. Just keep taking her off the couch, this might sound mean, but you can maybe swat her with a rolled up news paper(not hard of course) and tell her no. Maybe she'll get the hang of it.