Friday, October 23, 2009

Week 16: Prenatal Appt

We met with Mr. Midwife this morning for yet another great prenatal appointment. We got a prescription for b/w to test for spina bifida and drum roll..... a prescription for the big u/s. We've been waiting to get this "golden ticket." I can't believe 3 weeks, we'll find out what we're having (granted the baby cooperates). For the record, I suspect that it's a boy.

I'm down 2 more pounds (11 total). Our teachable moment in this appointment included Mr. Midwife giving me a mirror and bringing Danielle down to his level to look at my cervix. He explained the process of the cervix thinning out and becoming effaced prior to childbirth. I haven't checked out my cervix since ttc so it was pretty cool. We were able to listen to SugarPlum's heartbeat. Earlier in the week I started to have some anxiety about how SP was doing in there. I had to reassure myself that the likelihood of m/c at this point is low, that we had a healthy u/s 3 weeks ago, etc but sometimes the anxiety just kind of creeps up out of no where. I wonder if it ever goes away.

Thanks for the feedback on Gracie's bum issue. We are in the process of identifying a Vet for her. She has an appt at a clinic next week for other issues so hopefully they can address this as well.

6 comments:

anofferingoflove said...

oohhh!! im excited for the big ultrasound and the boy/girl news! :)

your midwife continues to amaze me, what an awesome appointment!

Anonymous said...

Yay for another good appointment! And I'm a firm believer in mother's intuition, so if you think there's a boy in there, I bet you're right!

tireegal68 said...

Fun fun fun! I will keep you company in the three week wait. - I will be three weeks away from transfer at that point:)
very exciting and so great that you are getting such good care !

Jess said...

Cant wait until your big u/s appointment!! :)

Your Midwife seems just awesome!

Gayby Rabies said...

I love your midwife! I consider myself lucky when the doctors angle the u/s monitor so I can see it during my follicle scans. I can't imagine how great it must be to get all of the teachable moments your midwife gives you. I'm so excited to hear the results of your rapidly approaching anatomy scan!

J and DZ said...

Your midwife does sound amazing!!

Are you going to share your u/s news when you go? I remember we were soooo excited for that appointment.