Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Florida, here I come

I'm leaving for Florida on Thursday right after my day 3 u/s. Oh I cannot wait to lay in the sun with a good book. It's a perfect way to end my leave of absence as I will be returning to work on the 27th. It's also nice to be pampered by one's parents for an entire week. My goal is to pack light (i.e. carry on) but I'm worried about them giving me a hard time about my Gonal F syringes.

With sun on my mind for the past few weeks, we picked our summer vacation spot... Los Angeles in August. We are going to visit my BFF Erica who has been nice enough to offer us her home and SUV for the week so we can sight see on our own while she is at work. I've already done some googling and will get a book from the library but for anyone who lives in LA or has vacationed there what are your suggestions for sights, must do's, restaurants, beaches, clubs, etc? We will have our Gigi (our GPS) so the possibilities are endless.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Abbey in West Hollywood is a fun gay spot. Great drinks (though kind of pricey) and good people watching. A fun LA-type thing to do is the Warner Brothers studio tour. We did that a few years ago and saw the set of Gilmore Girls and a bunch of props from the latest Harry Potter movies. It's a working studio, too, so there's always the possibility of a celebrity sighting. I've lived in LA for more than 20 years, so I should have more than these on the tip of my tongue :) I'll keep thinking...

Jess said...

Sounds really great!!
I've only been to LA once about 4 years ago. I Went to see some of the actors of Days of our lives, lol!
I'm only about 6 hours from LA by car.

giggleblue said...

MUST GO TO THE AQUARIUM OF THE PACIFIC.

roscoes chicken and waffles was okay, but we could have passed.

the beverly center, just because.

coffee bean and tea leaf on rodeo drive. they have a nice patio which is good for people watching.

this black lesbian club, Catch is not really worth the time, but if you have nothing else better to do, well, then, i guess.

Melissa said...

Have a relaxing trip!

2momswithaplan said...

How exciting! If you find yourself in the Jupiter, FL area on Saturday, you should stop by Dubious Park around 2pm. A bunch of ttc'ers are meeting up there. Some straight women, some lesbian couples, some straight couples... It should be a great time!

If you can't make it out - have a great time in Florida. Hopefully it will stop raining so you can enjoy the sunshine!!!

Gayby Rabies said...

You're so lucky to be headed someplace warm. I hope you have a great time, and that airport security doesn't give you any trouble with the syringes.

tireegal68 said...

you travel girls - is D coming to Florida with you?
sounds like you have a great plan for the spring and summer hols!
hope you get all pampered by the parental units!