Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My Big Girl Panties

I tried wearing my big girl panties this morning and ended up needing a new pair of shoes to go with them. All three of the baby shower moms are registered at BRU and Target so I figured I'd look up the registries online this morning, identify what I will buy each of them and be done with it. Theoretically, it seemed like the easiest way to avoid the feelings that will surely rise up like bile if I were to go into BRU and wander around with three registry lists in hand, looking at all of the cute baby stuff, knowing that none of it is for us. But unconsciously, I think it put me in a funk. Because the next thing I knew I was looking at dresses online and then in my car on the way to the mall. I tried on a few dresses, settled on one that I will wear to the baby shower (because if I'm not pregnant, I might as well look hot), and bought a pair of shoes.

I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir but there's nothing like a new pair of shoes to make things all better (and a Cadbury Flake).

6 comments:

tireegal68 said...

mmmmm- a cadbury's flake!
You did good - that must have been really hard.

2girlsandtheirfamily said...

Nice job on getting through the registries... We think that definitely deserves a new dress and SHOES! Workem' girl!

Melissa said...

I'm sooo glad you treated yourself to a present! After having to do some horrid baby shower shopping it's the least you could do for yourself.

Anonymous said...

you ABSOLUTELY deserve a treat after buying three baby gifts. good for you!

i will be exploring this "cadbury flake" mystery this weekend...

giggleblue said...

now, how are you getting cadbury flake in america? i'd just about kill for a Lilt right now.

gosh, i miss jolly ole england.

i agree, online shopping is far better than shopping in person. i'm hoping you were able to pick up something quick and easy for them, that didn't require too much thought! and looking fierce at the shower to boot is a good call!

Gayby Rabies said...

I could go for a flake right now. We'll have to wait a few hours to see if the Easter bunny comes through on that one. The only place I can get them around here is in the Indian markets.
New shoes are a great prize for dealing with all that baby registry crap. I think I owe myself a few pairs of shoes, since I've never gotten myself anything after buying for someone else's baby.