Sunday, April 26, 2009

Baby Shower Day

In four hours, I have two baby showers to attend. I can do this.

UPDATE: I had a great time at both showers. Both friends are so dear and have been so supportive throughout my journey. Even during one of the showers, my friend Shirley asked how my journey was going. Just such a sweet gesture when this was clearly her day and should have been the last thing on her mind. I felt wonderful in my dress. Sometimes it's funny how small things like a new dress, shoes, or a new shade of eye shadow can make you feel pretty.

At the second baby shower, I found out from my friends that the third baby shower mama gave birth to her twins 16 weeks early. My heart just ached at the news. C and her husband ttc'd for 6 years before getting pregnant with twins. She's been there, done that when it comes to going to every one's baby showers and wondering when it will be her turn so I was ecstatic when she announced her pregnancy. She gave birth to two girls (they didn't want to find out the sex until birth). However, both girls weigh a little over 1 pound each. One seems to be doing a little better than the other but if you can, please please please just keep both girls in your thoughts and prayers. C, is such a wonder woman. So kind, caring, and generous. I just want her babies to pull through and be healthy. She's waited so long for these precious children.

9 comments:

Melissa said...

You can totally do this!!!

Crayonboxes said...

you totally can... *hugs*

tireegal68 said...

go geddem!
And have a really good alcoholic beverage afterwards with your feet up!
take care:)((HUGS))

Jess said...

I agree! you can do this!

Gayby Rabies said...

I'm glad to hear that the showers were not just bearable, but actually fun. I'll keep your friend's baby girls in my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Yay for fun showers!

Definitely sending positive vibes to your friend's little ones.

giggleblue said...

i'm happy the showers turned out well and will keep your friend and her twin girls in my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

I hope things turn out well for your friend's babies. That is so scary.

You are such a strong and wonderful person for being able to go to baby showers. I was never able to be so unselfish!
I hope you will be at your own baby shower some day soon!

tireegal68 said...

I just saw the update on your blog about how you survived the baby showers but your friend C's babies came really early. Oh my heart breaks to hear they are only a pound. Please let us know how it's going.
and good for you in your new dress! I am glad you got through it okay:)